• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So long.Farewell. It's been a lot of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops I posted a meme that only belongs in brackish waters due to language, my bad.

I'd like to restate my quote that went with it though.

Everyone here is a grown man that I'm sure has better things to do than argue on the internet. Don't take **** so seriously. Put the phone/computer down and GO OUTSIDE.

I must say recently I got a "reminder" for relisting an ad that I only posted a comment on, that didn't even belong to me. Minutes later, I got an apology from the mod for the mistake. I guess my point is mistakes happen on both sides.

I'll admit, i've earned a hat honestly and had one shoved down my throat. The call out violation is the one that I have a big problem with. I was in a thread that someone got a hat in. When someone asked for cliff notes, I mentioned that he got a hat......them boom 3pt callout violation.....which pushed me into a 3 day ban. I know I earned the points prior to that, mainly to 22 flippers, lol.

Thank you for clarifying about a reminder (warning) versus a point. I thought there was a point involved, apparently I was incorrect.

I dont know about a pile on. I know I asked a question and next thing I know, a bunch of posts (maybe the whole thread) was deleted and I had a warning. I was told in private help that it should have been a question, not a comment. Nothing was said to me about a pile on.
We don't address others infractions to other members. We only address a members "history" with that member.
Kind of my point about not seeing others when they are given warnings and deleted.
Yes you remark should have been in the form of a question instead of "WOW, no shipping" on an obvious mistake of a first time poster that will not be back.

Maybe we should. You and others say that we "mods" should act like LEO and show leadership and be held accountable etc. That's cool and all, but LEO are paid for their work.
And very few LE show leadership or held accountable, and piss and moan about their pay.:wacko:

As stated.. warnings are generally issued first and then points. It's fairly rare you get a point without a warning first unless it's just really over the top. So warnings lead to points lead to time outs.
Honestly, it's really REALLY hard to get banned from here. But we certainly have a few overachievers.

Coming in way late....! This thread is obviously important to either side you fall on... I appreciate the communication back and forth, and the open dialogue from all Mods...

My take away at a glance, is to take this kind of communication today and build on it. It would be valuable at the time of the infraction, to ease frustration on both sides.

Of course that puts even more ownership on the Mods...

Thoughts?

You only got a reminder,

Someone said earlier that warnings and reminders are what leads to bannings, not only the points.
Hahahaha!!

It's the happy circle of ****ing life.

I'm dizzy and I'm going to jump off this ride for a bit.

I reserve the right to get back on later if it is still open.

And if it's closed, I'll rest easy with the knowledge that nothing was accomplished, and nothing will change. Despite all the different members complaining, the mods and the owner want to act like all is well.

"Blah, blah, blah, the vast majority...blah,blah,blah 57,000 members... blah,blah,blah."

There are probably only 1,000 members that post with any regularity, and out of those, there are about 50, maybe 75, that make up 90% of the posts.

It seems like 90% of those have posted here and voiced a negative opinion about 1 mod.

But, nothing to see here. Move along.

IMG_2128.JPG

We don't address others infractions to other members. We only address a members "history" with that member.
Kind of my point about not seeing others when they are given warnings and deleted.
Yes you remark should have been in the form of a question instead of "WOW, no shipping" on an obvious mistake of a first time poster that will not be back.

Ok, now this is a little frustrating.
1) I did phrase it in a question, with a question mark on the end. You even acknowledged that in private help, but you thought (incorrectly) that I was making a comment.
2) You told me in private help that it was because it should have been a question, which it was, yet here, you said it was a piling on, and now back to it being a comment instead of a question.

Again, please, please look at my history. I dont cause problems.

Not that anyone cares, heck i domt even care anymore. I've got one warning and 1 point. The warning was warranted for being rude. The point was not and wasn't removed when I inquired in PH. Guy had a G19 Gen 3 for $400. By most standards, a good deal. I said "Wow, $400 Glock 19's do exist." Bam gotta point. Ridiculous imo but when inquired was told it was for talking about price in a classified add. What a joke. Clearly not someone being judicious on individual basis but just for blanket enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom