So, Uber and Lyft drivers are on strike today...

I got screwed over by the UAW when I was going to college. Worked at GM for a few months at a summer job they offered college kids. My last check was cleaned out because the UAW suddenly decided I needed to join for my 2 month tenure. I was working to pay for college and not to fatten their wallet. I'm not a big union fan.

I have to work around unions all the time. I never wait for them to call a damn sparky to come an plug in the drill that the other guy has to use, which usually is about the time they take one of their 29 breaks during the day. I totally see were Unions had a place in our workforce, but now with social media shaming, and all the other crap going on, who needs it. I also dont blame the workers who have union jobs, congrats, I just think its sad that you make so much money putting on lug nuts all day that a kid cant buy a new car. Rant Over.

P.S. I have also worked with some very good millwrights who deserve every penny they make. It just seems that some unions are pretty much useless these days. Baseball for example, we need to be able to make more millions for playing a dang game. Boo Hoo

I got screwed over by the UAW when I was going to college. Worked at GM for a few months at a summer job they offered college kids. My last check was cleaned out because the UAW suddenly decided I needed to join for my 2 month tenure. I was working to pay for college and not to fatten their wallet. I'm not a big union fan.

I would be upset over that myself.

I have to work around unions all the time. I never wait for them to call a damn sparky to come an plug in the drill that the other guy has to use, which usually is about the time they take one of their 29 breaks during the day. I totally see were Unions had a place in our workforce, but now with social media shaming, and all the other crap going on, who needs it. I also dont blame the workers who have union jobs, congrats, I just think its sad that you make so much money putting on lug nuts all day that a kid cant buy a new car. Rant Over.

P.S. I have also worked with some very good millwrights who deserve every penny they make. It just seems that some unions are pretty much useless these days. Baseball for example, we need to be able to make more millions for playing a dang game. Boo Hoo

29 breaks? Where is my shop steward, I want to file a grievance to get my other 26 breaks! ( We only get 3 for an 8 hour shift, for a total of an hour).

Back
Top Bottom