• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

IMG_1195.JPG
Still riding my 04 Geiser Glide! My first brand new Harley......from 0 miles til now. Last in a long line of bikes since 1973. Lots of broken bones and road rash but still able to ride! LOL
Only those who ride understand the freedom, the bike doesn't make the rider.

Was a fun ride till my crappy K&N oil filter decided to start blowing oil all over my rear tire while we were up in the twisties on War Woman Rd heading to the Highlands...

Left me stranded up there with no cell coverage, baking in the sun for 4 hours while my wife rode home to get the truck and ramp, etc...

Thank god for traction control, it's what kept me out of a ravine...

Was a fun ride till my crappy K&N oil filter decided to start blowing oil all over my rear tire while we were up in the twisties on War Woman Rd heading to the Highlands...

Left me stranded up there with no cell coverage, baking in the sun for 4 hours while my wife rode home to get the truck and ramp, etc...

Thank god for traction control, it's what kept me out of a ravine...
I have read a lot of bad things about K&N filters, enough I won't use them any more. I think WERA even has then on the list of filters not acceptable for racing (bad sign). Used to be nice to use the torque wrench on the nuts and have them pre drilled for safety wire but with stories like this, they are off my list any more.

sorry you got stranded. and so close to the good stuff. maybe a short walk to Becky Branch falls? :)

View attachment 1236040
Just picked up another bike 2015 ktm 690 duke. It's a hoot in the twisties
great bike. I love my 1290 and most of my friends are going the naked bike route for new bikes. more comfortable, still plenty of power and handle great with the wider bars and more leverage. Unless you are on the track mostly or just running high speeds all day, the naked bikes are the bomb.

I have read a lot of bad things about K&N filters, enough I won't use them any more. I think WERA even has then on the list of filters not acceptable for racing (bad sign). Used to be nice to use the torque wrench on the nuts and have them pre drilled for safety wire but with stories like this, they are off my list any more.

sorry you got stranded. and so close to the good stuff. maybe a short walk to Becky Branch falls? :)

I don’t know, without cell service, no gps on my phone.

Yeah, k&n oil filters are banned from wera and moto America and a lot of track day orgs...

Mine was leaking at the nut... crappy weld, busted a seam from the oil pressure. These super corsa sp stores are not cheap, new rear is $260 online...

May just switch to Rosso 3’s or Dunlop Q3’s...

I think I got all the oil off it with brake cleaner, then degreaser and a pressure wash, but you never know...

Back
Top Bottom