• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

I was out in Novice. My wife was out there, along with her daughter and some other friends... I have done Intermediate before, but I decided to ride in Novice this time as it's been a couple years since I was out on track.

The little 765 is a surprisingly poky motor. Its what Triumph supplies to the Moto2 series, although theirs are tuned up a bit more. Mine is stock except for a +2 rear sprocket and Arrow slipon. What hurts it is the lack of wind protection...
gotcha, I assumed you would be in advanced and thought that was advanced you were whooping on. I know that bike is wicked fast no doubt. RA has some sections that really favor HP(duh) and there is one line around more than half (the esses) of the rest. A 150hp bike sucks you into being lazy there.

gotcha, I assumed you would be in advanced and thought that was advanced you were whooping on. I know that bike is wicked fast no doubt. RA has some sections that really favor HP(duh) and there is one line around more than half (the esses) of the rest. A 150hp bike sucks you into being lazy there.

Yeah, the straights were what holds my bike back. Mine is limited to 144mph no matter what gearing I use. So R1s and stuff can rip past me and there is nothing I can do about it. I am making maybe 118hp or so at the wheel, but it's super light and agile... Would be brilliant on a smaller track like Tally, but I really like Road A...

Yeah, the straights were what holds my bike back. Mine is limited to 144mph no matter what gearing I use. So R1s and stuff can rip past me and there is nothing I can do about it. I am making maybe 118hp or so at the wheel, but it's super light and agile... Would be brilliant on a smaller track like Tally, but I really like Road A...
for sure, thats where I learned that 2-3 mph difference in huge and why REALLY going for it on the brakes is unnecessary. Come off turn 7 faster and brake later into turn 9 is the key to chunks of time there. Its not a pick your poison track like Tally or Jennings or Roebling

Sturgis 2020
DDE56122-DC28-43FA-BCA2-79494D0353C8.jpeg

for sure, thats where I learned that 2-3 mph difference in huge and why REALLY going for it on the brakes is unnecessary. Come off turn 7 faster and brake later into turn 9 is the key to chunks of time there. Its not a pick your poison track like Tally or Jennings or Roebling

No, the best thing to do is power through 9 with the throttle pinned, and don't brake until you come down into 10A.... I started doing that at the end of the day, and folks on literbikes that passed me on the straight, I would catch up and pass through turn 9.

No, the best thing to do is power through 9 with the throttle pinned, and don't brake until you come down into 10A.... I started doing that at the end of the day, and folks on literbikes that passed me on the straight, I would catch up and pass through turn 9.
doh! youre right, i always forget the kink

doh! youre right, i always forget the kink

Yeah, kink with a blind hill that you need to try and just keep the power down all the way through it... When you look at it on a map it seems like a gentle curve. At high speed though it takes some stones to just tip the bike in and not let off the gas... On my CBR1000rr I used to be up in the high 160s through that turn and it was scary AF. You know that one mistake and you are gonna slide for half a mile... lol

Greetings! New rider here.

Had my SV for about a year and it's time to replace both tires. I usually do minor to medium difficulty car repairs myself and started doing that with the bike, but I've never done tires and don't have tire tools.

What do y'all do? Ride to your mechanic or take the wheels off and bring them in or do it all yourself? Realistically I won't be riding much the next several weeks so I am thinking I should get a set of tire irons and give it a try.

Also, any bike shop recommendations in Marietta area?

SV.jpg

Back
Top Bottom