Should he be allowed to proceed?

• Let the man be.

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • He needs to be protected from himself

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Tacos be crazy

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
Let him be, if an adult wants to do something stupid, that's there business, they own the responsibility for their actions (as long as it doesn't cause physical harm to someone else). You can't educate/teach the stupidity out of people. There's a reason why dumb/slow animals don't live long...

So they arrested him for “being unsafe” and being “unregistered” basically?

Glad the Coast Guard didn’t have authority on Kill Devil Hill when Orville and Wilbur Wright were attempting some unsafe activities in an unregistered craft.

Qui audet adipiscitur

He who dares, wins

"the Coast Guard cutter Valiant came across Baluchi and his homemade vessel about 70 nautical miles east of Tybee Island, Ga.,"

For one, I'm impressed, that's a decent haul. Secondly, wouldn't being that far out be international waters beyond the jurisdiction of the CG to enforce whatever rules?

Isn't standard procedure to put some .30 or .50 rounds through the engine room when the boat doesn't comply with orders? :)

Seriously...why stop him? Imagine a beach patrol at Kittyhawk, arresting the Wright Bros?

"the Coast Guard cutter Valiant came across Baluchi and his homemade vessel about 70 nautical miles east of Tybee Island, Ga.,"

For one, I'm impressed, that's a decent haul. Secondly, wouldn't being that far out be international waters beyond the jurisdiction of the CG to enforce whatever rules?
I was thinking the same thing. It's in the name "Coast Guard". You're 70 miles from the coast, Buckie. Go back in shore and let the crazy man do his thing. If he dies, he dies. He wanted this.

Back
Top Bottom