Solo range report

CSA

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
425   0
Reaction score
So anyone wondering to spend the money on a solo for a pocket gun I have a range report. I bought mine brand new for $699 a few days ago. I fired 28 shots of critical duty +p 135 gr ammo a total of 28 times. This is a snappy little thing but it is not made for a range gun and is easily managed. This thing is accurate, I managed to get all 28 rounds in a 6" group at 25 feet away. I had one FTF at round 9 but that is expected during break in and had no other hiccups at all. I was very pleased how it felt and shot and in comparison to my friends pf9 and lc9 I shot this a lot better. Trigger is a dream as well.
It is pricey but I would say if you can afford it the value is there to justify paying it. It will hurt your hand a little with long range trips but that's not what it is made for. Overall it is accurate and fits easy in your pocket so I would rate this a 4 out of 5 in overall likability for me.

I am personally a Sig 938 man. Slimmer than the Solo. I will admit though, the Solo is a nice piece. I just prefer 1911 type operations, the Solo is more Glockish. If your a Glock guy I am sure the Solo is a natural fit. It's hard to carry any actual Glock in your pocket!

I have both and favor the Solo, just feels a bit better in my hand. But I do carry and shoot both. Have run about 100 rounds thru each with zero problems. I do want to get a trigger job done on the Sig, a bit gritty for my taste. The Solo trigger is SWEET! I will be ordering an aluminum trigger for the Sig tomorrow to have installed when I get the trigger smoothed out. As you can see I also run crimson trace on both. Funny, I have not taken a caliper to them but the Solo feels thinner to me, but I am sure you are right.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I am personally a Sig 938 man. Slimmer than the Solo. I will admit though, the Solo is a nice piece. I just prefer 1911 type operations, the Solo is more Glockish. If your a Glock guy I am sure the Solo is a natural fit. It's hard to carry any actual Glock in your pocket!

Yea that's what I thought too but the thumb safety is just like a 1911 ,like I'm used to, and trigger is a lot crisper than glocks. I think it might be a mixture of the two and as close to a glock as I want to be lol. I'm a fan of sigs myself too they are awesome weapons. I might have to pick that one up too when I can manage to sell my kidney lol.

Actually the Solo is more like a 1911 then a Glock, ambi safety set same as a 1911 as is the grip angle. While striker fired the trigger is lighter and smoother then the Sig, doubt you would know it is striker fired if you tried the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom