• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

some help for Dad

poopdaddy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
498   0
Reaction score
so my Dad is a Airforce Vietnam Vet. he has had ringing in his ears from the flightline since he got back. he has copd and cant get around like he used to.
i know several vets that have full disability for a lot less. he only gets around 800 bucks from social security , and they give him a whopping 40 bucks or so on food stamps.
he wont try and get anything for his ears past asking about them a few people at the VA say he can get disability for his ears, tell him they will work on it for him, and thats it... I do as much as i can for him, he lives on my property and i cover his utilities. my little sister helps as much as she can as well. but we are all self employed and times are tight. so does anyone know who i can get in touch with who can help him? maybe a real advocate who can help him out. he really does not have the drive to stay on hold and call people back. like i said he is a Vietnam vet, as much as he is owed, he does not feal that he is owed anything.
any help would be great.
thanks
Bob

Looks like they have a Veterans Field Service office at 921 Memorial dr. in Griffin. Service Officer and manager, Rob Johnson. Ringing in your ears is an easy 10% but everything else would be service related. Go with your dad and see what they say. The new Pact Act might have something he'd qualify for. If he was in country he should be on the agent orange registry. They'll do all his paper work. Service officers have always helped Vets in my experience but the hospital in Decatur could give a f--- less. Make an appointment 770 412-4074 and get something started.

Talk to his vet rep. They can help him get him get his rating bumped up
he has done it a few times and nothing ever comes of it... maybe i need to try.
had to break a foot off at the tag office a few years ago. they did not want to give him his tag because his DD214 was redacted. the lady said he needed one that was not marked out..
i explained in rude detail that if she did not have clearance to see was was marked out. she needed to give him his tag and thank him for being in places that Uncle Sam did not want us to know about...

Looks like they have a Veterans Field Service office at 921 Memorial dr. in Griffin. Service Officer and manager, Rob Johnson. Ringing in your ears is an easy 10% but everything else would be service related. Go with your dad and see what they say. The new Pact Act might have something he'd qualify for. If he was in country he should be on the agent orange registry. They'll do all his paper work. Service officers have always helped Vets in my experience but the hospital in Decatur could give a f--- less. Make an appointment 770 412-4074 and get something started.
thanks
will do it. i am off on Mondays so i will set something up for next week. he did 2 tours so he should be good to go....

There is a new VA @ Bellsferry and HWY 41 in Marietta. The old guy that i work with just got his 100% from there. If he is willing to do the “work” see doctors they require and so forth i can get you the information of the girl who helped him out after several denials. That’s there SOP they want you to give up

Legacy Link helps disabled people and senior citizens investigate what services and programs they qualify for and apply for benefits if they need help applying.

My 75-year-old cousin who had dementia got help from them. You don't have to be a veteran to use their services, but they will ask about military service because that might qualify people for more services or benefits. In my cousins case just doing six months in the Army back in the 1950s was helpful to him 60 years later!

Back
Top Bottom