Some of my hand made knives

Here are 4 that are about done. From L to R:

The first on the left is a a nice EDC/woods or skinner knife. This one has been done a while but the handle wasn't doing it for me. I took it down much thinner and contoured, this one is hollow ground 440C steel (still one of my favorites, not to be confused with lower carbon/cheap 440 - aka Made in China), bocote handle with micarta pins and thong tube.

The next is hollow ground AEB-L (6061 RC on the test piece) with a pretty leaf shaped blade; stabilized amboyna burl wood handle with a white G10 stripe and black g10 pins and tube. I'm digging the AEB-L steel.

The skinner is PSF-27 (spray formed D2 basically but a little tougher than D2), lightly etched in FeCl and stonewashed, the handle is contoured and thinned corugatta burl with black G10 pins/tube. I will sharpen this one this week and like all, it will melt hair I'm sure. PSF-27 is looking to be a great steel, it's tough stuff.

Last (far left) and smallest is an EDC hollow ground from PSF-27, dark acid etched in FeCl then lightly tumbled/stonewashed, dressed for duty in brown canvas micarta with green stripe, micarta tube and pin.

I may still etch and stonewash a couple and all need a little wipe down to get the tape residue off the flats and a final handle rub. Thanks for looking and I'll try to remember to update this thread occasionally. I've got a few back from heat treat but shop time is scarce for me.

Attachments

• 4 pic side.JPG
    4 pic side.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 4 pic spine.JPG
    4 pic spine.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom