• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some people are beyond helping

Yeah you reminded me of another point. I would venture to say that the majority of homeless people didn't become homeless just by bad luck. You can only **** over your family and friends so many times.
I agree with you, a lot of homeless people are people who just don’t simply want to work are drug attics. NOT ALL of them though if I see someone who is homeless I always offer to buy them food but when they say they rather have cash instead I move on. Cause I know it’s probably for something els.

I was "young" when i was 18-19 years old, not when i was 28-29 years old.....
Now that you mention it....I know full well everyone is not possessed of the same drive or sense of responsibility but I'm afraid I'd feel even less Christian charity when I remembered my own early years.

I agree with you, a lot of homeless people are people who just don’t simply want to work are drug attics. NOT ALL of them though if I see someone who is homeless I always offer to buy them food but when they say they rather have cash instead I move on. Cause I know it’s probably for something els.
Me and the wife bought McDonald’s for a homeless man in Cartersville that was holding a sign saying “just hungry, thanks” well we pull up try and give him McDonald’s and his response “I’ve already got plenty of that, do you have money or Longhorns?” :doh:

if you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll leave you alone.

I hate to act like a know it all but I know a few things about fire :doh:
The accurate saying is... "If you build a man a fire he will be warm until the fire goes out, if you set a man on fire he will be warm for the remainder of his life." ...:)

Good on you, for trying OP!:thumb:

No good deed ever, ever goes unpunished.
You cannot stress this too emphatically.
There is always the odd exception to this rule, but they are damn rare.
My wife, bless her, and her best friend always see the best in folks.
I, through life experience and my Eeyore mindset always see the worst.

5 weeks and two bi polar women can't get a plan together? You did what you could. Did the Other woman's hubby have any plans to get them out of their situation or was he enjoying living off your generosity?

Back
Top Bottom