• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some photo's from Syria...with temporary Q&A

Yup. NC was my home for many many years

I knew there couldn't be two of you. Here's another question: How'd you identify your vehicles to avoid getting mistaken for ISIS and fired on by US aircraft? Saw the HMMWV photo and wondered. Thanks for this thread also.

I knew there couldn't be two of you. Here's another question: How'd you identify your vehicles to avoid getting mistaken for ISIS and fired on by US aircraft? Saw the HMMWV photo and wondered. Thanks for this thread also.

Good question.

We had FOs (usually French) in the AO calling targets. I had a an IR flasher I would turn on when I heard aircraft inbound.

Great pics. Many folks coast through life wondering if they ever made a difference. I reckon you won't have that problem. Cheers man

I still don't think I have done enough. My biggest fear isn't dying. Its dying before making a lasting impact that changes the world for the better.

Did you ever go to Dahuk, Iraq? I went there in 2004. It was pretty nice then. There was a sign by the side of the road as we drove in that read "Kurdish people will kill terrorists everywhere!" It was a welcoming environment and the Peshmerga were good guys.

Did you ever go to Dahuk, Iraq? I went there in 2004. It was pretty nice then. There was a sign by the side of the road as we drove in that read "Kurdish people will kill terrorists everywhere!" It was a welcoming environment and the Peshmerga were good guys.

I know dohuk intimately. My ex lived there.

If you go a little North from there is zakxo. I livl that area. It's in nestled in the mountains. Beautiful

Reactions: GFB
This!!!!!! Whats up with that? This is like a direct link to sofrep for me lol
Screenshot_2019-01-16-19-29-19.png

Finally found the picture. Been looking for it for a while now. LOL

Back
Top Bottom