• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Some will get it.

The feds were already hard at work burning women and children to death at that point
I don't think so. I remember the first pictures, etc. from when the ATF first tried to assault the compound in February and this picture was one of them. The siege lasted 51 days when their TANK and 'smoke' rounds smashed a wall and ignited the structure that eventually burned up the compound.

The really pitiful part of that whole debacle is that the ATF could have arrested David Koresh any time they wanted. He regularly went into Waco for supplies, etc. ATF wanted a big show for the public and their drive with Democrats to ban assault weapons. In the end, 76 people (28 children) were murdered by the ATF et al.

I don't think so. I remember the first pictures, etc. from when the ATF first tried to assault the compound in February and this picture was one of them. The siege lasted 51 days when their TANK and 'smoke' rounds smashed a wall and ignited the structure that eventually burned up the compound.

The really pitiful part of that whole debacle is that the ATF could have arrested David Koresh any time they wanted. He regularly went into Waco for supplies, etc. ATF wanted a big show for the public and their drive with Democrats to ban assault weapons. In the end, 76 people (28 children) were murdered by the ATF et al.
The Davidians were putting out fires for weeks from the ATF throwing smoke grenades into the building. Notice the smoke emitting from behind the blind. They weren't trying to rescue the families, they were making an example of them for the rest of Americans to see

This is an excellent summary of the abuse those people suffered and the reason for it. Remember, they needed a good "show" as this was post Randy Weaver/Ruby Ridge.

Back
Top Bottom