Someone school me on kayaks

I've never been able to dump out the excess water of a submerged sit-in kayak and re-enter it in deep water.
I have always had to drag the thing to shore or to really shallow water to do that. One time it was a 300-yard swim halfway across Lake Lanier by Two Mile Creek Park, with me towing my sunken vessel with my 15 foot poly rope clipped with a D-ring to the waistband of my swim trunks. That was a lot of work.

Well that just sealed the deal for me. Sit on top for the win.

Dicks in Kennesaw had some good deals recently. Check out Appalachian Outfitters in Acowrth as well. Sit on top is the way to go if you plan to do a lot of fishing. The hi-low seat is money.

I picked up a Vibe Sea Ghost 110 from Appalachian Outfitters in Ackworth about a month ago.
I've had it out several times already and really like it both to paddle out of and to fish out of.
It's 11 foot long, but just over 60 pounds which makes it light enough for a 60 year old guy to handle.
Being able to handle it alone was important to me....

Vibe customer service was awesome.
The very first time I had it out I hit a strainer on the Etowah.
In the process of getting out of it and getting it through the strainer the J hook that secured the paddle broke and the paddle was gone in an instant.
I called Vibe to ask about getting a couple spare J hooks and told the lady what happened and she said she would send me a couple at no charge.
Two days later this huge box shows up! A couple spare J hooks and a new paddle, lol.
Now I don't know if any of ya'll have ever bought a good paddle, but it'll cost you nearly $150, so a free $40 paddle that came with the kayak was a real nice treat.

I did a lot of shopping and checking reviews before I bought and almost made a mistake with a couple that I liked.
If the kayak isn't stable it's not going to be much fun to fish out of.
I'm glad I did my homework on this purchase....

appoutgasignnew.jpg

Attachments

• 17425109_1924872714416726_1073991032355283105_n.jpg
    17425109_1924872714416726_1073991032355283105_n.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 4
  • right-on-multi-sport-trailer-1_354d38ed-7327-4e68-8bd9-5957975a1d74_1024x1024.jpg
    right-on-multi-sport-trailer-1_354d38ed-7327-4e68-8bd9-5957975a1d74_1024x1024.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 4
I picked up a Vibe Sea Ghost 110 from Appalachian Outfitters in Ackworth about a month ago.
I've had it out several times already and really like it both to paddle out of and to fish out of.
It's 11 foot long, but just over 60 pounds which makes it light enough for a 60 year old guy to handle.
Being able to handle it alone was important to me....

Vibe customer service was awesome.
The very first time I had it out I hit a strainer on the Etowah.
In the process of getting out of it and getting it through the strainer the J hook that secured the paddle broke and the paddle was gone in an instant.
I called Vibe to ask about getting a couple spare J hooks and told the lady what happened and she said she would send me a couple at no charge.
Two days later this huge box shows up! A couple spare J hooks and a new paddle, lol.
Now I don't know if any of ya'll have ever bought a good paddle, but it'll cost you nearly $150, so a free $40 paddle that came with the kayak was a real nice treat.

I did a lot of shopping and checking reviews before I bought and almost made a mistake with a couple that I liked.
If the kayak isn't stable it's not going to be much fun to fish out of.
I'm glad I did my homework on this purchase....
Coming from you who I respect, is one hell of an endorsement. A business that goes above and beyond your expectations..Is a company that will be successful! Good on them and congrats to you!

Coming from you who I respect, is one hell of an endorsement. A business that goes above and beyond your expectations..Is a company that will be successful! Good on them and congrats to you!

Thanks DD, and it's kind of cool that they're based here in Kennesaw, Georgia.
They're very popular because they're a mid-priced kayak, with features of some of the more expensive models.
I actually laughed when I saw they sent me a paddle, since I already bought another.
Then I thought about it a little bit and put it below deck. Now if I ever lose one on the river, I'll have a spare!
I know what it's actually like to be up the creek without a paddle! :becky:

Back
Top Bottom