• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Son Looking For Full Time Position.

Tell him to apply with the Cobb County Sheriff’s Office. At 19 he can be a detention officer or civilian worker. Then at 21 become a deputy. Pay is fairly good but also full benefits and insurance. If he gats a 12 hour shift he would work 14 days a month. Currently you have to also work two additional overtime days at time and a half

A lot of you know me, some do not. My youngest son is 19. He graduated with honors, non drinker, non smoker, of excellent character. He has worked part time at a local gym for 5 years. He is as strong as an ox, calm as a mouse and is eager to learn new skills. Will make a great apprentice. He has no bad habits and is a fast learner. He has his own vehicle and would like to stay local(Acworth, Kennesaw, Woodstock). If you know of or need a great dependable clean young man pm me and what you have possibly. I will forward his contact info to you. Thanks Guys!View attachment 3781752
Advance Auto hiring.

The Air Force is looking for good men. Especially in the new command Space Force. Lots of opportunity to learn new things, travel all over and advancement is coming pretty easy in the new command. Retire at 20 years, get lifetime medical and a whole lot of other benefits. Plus, if he wants he can go to college on the AF dime while on active duty and that's always good. I retired with 23 years, not in Space Force but Security Service, traveled the world and met a lot of people who really wanted to kill me but they didn't succeed.

Guys, thanks so much for the responses. He is following a couple of suggested leads today. I wish jobs were like this when I finished school. I know lots of industries are hiring and need employees.

Kind of both. He is not sure if he wants to go to a trade school or go to college but he is taking at least a year to gain some experience and decide all the while working and gaining new skills.
Smart. If he has the grades and there was anyway to get him an appointment to the Air Force Academy once he decides..... I'd strongly encourage that. Wish I had done it.

Guys, thanks so much for the responses. He is following a couple of suggested leads today. I wish jobs were like this when I finished school. I know lots of industries are hiring and need employees.
For real.

I graduated in 82 and there’s wasn’t a job of any kind to be found anywhere .
If you wanted to be a game warden of some state job, you had to be the nephew of a senator or something . And now every industry and every state and govt job is begging for people .

Hvac or plumbing or electrical or welding is a good gig .
The only issue with trades , is , you’re not going to make the good money working for someone else, you gotta hang
Out your own shingle.
An hvac tech gets $13-18 an hour, while the customer pays $95 hr.

if you can work for Someone else for two years and get them to sign the form saying you can get your own ticket , then you can charge $95 hr

A job as a lineman with Georgia Power or something is a good gig .
I’d pick Ga Power or an EMC
Over Pike , Probabaly more stable work and better benefits long term .

Right now the job market for young people is wide open , you just gotta decide what you want to do.

I’d highly recommend being an apprentice for an hvac or electrician , instead of retail stores or restaurants.
Retail and restaurants are dead end jobs with no room for advancement .
Same with truck driving , pay is good in the beginning but Not much room for advancement .

Careers, trades make decent money. Welders, elec-chickens, diesel mechanics historically can make six figures pretty regularly. IBEW will train him through the apprenticeship program as well as paying him a decent wage while he is in training. Learning a trade or getting a useful college degree is great, having somebody else PAY for it is even better. Two brothers are electricians and that has reliably put food on the table for them for a long time. Love the military option as well. As long as you can swing a decent MOS you get training and experience on the house and many specialities have good applicability in civilian life. That's a good avenue to pursue diesel mechanics through as well as I don't think just yet that the military has become woke enough to mandate bull$hit electric vehicles.......they still use good old fashioned diesel and due to maintenance schedules there is always something to rebuild......good practice.

Back
Top Bottom