• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sons first deer...

shaneadams90

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
73   0
Reaction score
I have never hunted much….some predator and varmint hunting but not a deer hunter..So when my oldest decided he wanted to start hunting, needless to say I was out of my element. So we have hunted for the last 2+ seasons with NO LUCK…hardly even a sighting of a deer…until this weekend….when we finally got to see our first buck and my son laid the smack down!

Here are a few pics..

We shot the deer and waited 20 min….went to the point of impact 80yards down the line and found a great trail of BRIGHT RED blood...
IMG_5118.jpg

I let Jackson take point and track his first deer.
IMG_5119.jpg

We bumped him off a bed 50 yards from where he was shot….we back out and came back 90 min later and found this.
thats his LUNG sticking out one side!
IMG_5125.jpg

Rolled him over for a less graphic pic.
IMG_5130.jpg

We drug him out to the power line to pick him up….another great shot of the 4x2…not bad for a first deer!
IMG_5133.jpg

I bought a knife from Scott Davidson of Solid Rock knives 3 years ago for JUST THIS MOMENT!
He was as stoked about the knife as he was the deer I think…and Heirloom and a user…and something he can pass down to his first born son.
IMG_5136.jpg

Both of you guys will remember that hunt forever!

I'm not sure who was more excited..me or him….funny thing is that I have never killed a deer….so I have made it my goal to give BOTH my sons the opportunity to experience it BEFORE I do….I took my Youngest out that same evening for his FIRST HUNT….It was an awesome day for sure!

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

That is fantastic, I bet your one proud dad. Now when I go hunting with my dad, I could care less if I kill one. I want hime to kill them all.

way to go guys..................................now thats the way its supposed to be............................................outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom