Sourcing deer corn this season

Shooting over corn… might as well go to a high fence game farm ya lazy *******:angel::behindsofa:
Shooting over corn is a big NO, NO in my book as well. You also have to take a different look at the situation during these ridiculously expensive living times. If you're going to take off work and take the time hunting you need to make sure that you're going to be successful so that you're not wasting precious resources trying to find a deer and then it not showing up. Gas to and fro a couple times scouting trails, buying a deer stamp and ammo and sighted in your rifle, taking off of work and spend your evenings after work in the woods and all the other things that add up in the end. In this financial climate you can't afford to screw around you need to get results if that means breaking a few ethical rules to do so I can't blame him one bit. This is not a situation with inflation and all where you can just live day by day and go out hunting for fun and enjoying yourself. You almost have to use every minute of your time working overtime and making good use of every second you've got. So when it comes to taking game the key is to take game no matter what the cost because there's no way you can put that kind of meat in your freezer by going to Kroger and stocking up your grocery cart. With one buck and one doe you can put enough meat in your freezer to last you almost a year. And if Done Right can be had for pennies on the pound meat wise. So I think we need to stop being harsh on people in this economy and let them take their deer the way they need to do it to feed their families. This is the situation I will be a hard-ass on because right now it's all about providing for the family and all the other ethical horse sh*t can be thrown out the window. IMHO

Shooting over corn is a big NO, NO in my book as well. You also have to take a different look at the situation during these ridiculously expensive living times. If you're going to take off work and take the time hunting you need to make sure that you're going to be successful so that you're not wasting precious resources trying to find a deer and then it not showing up. Gas to and fro a couple times scouting trails, buying a deer stamp and ammo and sighted in your rifle, taking off of work and spend your evenings after work in the woods and all the other things that add up in the end. In this financial climate you can't afford to screw around you need to get results if that means breaking a few ethical rules to do so I can't blame him one bit. This is not a situation with inflation and all where you can just live day by day and go out hunting for fun and enjoying yourself. You almost have to use every minute of your time working overtime and making good use of every second you've got. So when it comes to taking game the key is to take game no matter what the cost because there's no way you can put that kind of meat in your freezer by going to Kroger and stocking up your grocery cart. With one buck and one doe you can put enough meat in your freezer to last you almost a year. And if Done Right can be had for pennies on the pound meat wise. So I think we need to stop being harsh on people in this economy and let them take their deer the way they need to do it to feed their families. This is the situation I will be a hard-ass on because right now it's all about providing for the family and all the other ethical horse sh*t can be thrown out the window. IMHO
Well said.

A lot of people may not like this comment but hunting over food is hunting over food, where it be natural, planted or out of a feeder!!!!! Yes, I do hunt over corn, protein, food plots, acorns, persimmons, pears or whatever else the deer are feeding on.

With prices looking so high this year, where are you all sourcing your deer corn, at the best prices? I've been looking at local retailers in NE GA, but am curious what you all have found.
Click-----> I purchase in bulk of 10-15 (50 gal drums a time. I havent had to do it this year as I have 4 (50 Gal drums) Left to go through.)

Right now their Price is $60.00 for a 55 gal drum. I just got off the phone with them 25 August 1624, 2022.

CD7BF6B0-344D-4B97-877F-C1C633085A7C.jpeg

Hope you able to source something soon.

Respectfully
Chris

I don’t shoot over corn because I am truly blessed to have a field of clover behind the house along with a border of hardwoods with scuppernongs, black berries, blueberries acorns etc.. I also have multiple neighbors with feeders and no fence line so heavy migration between a few properties… I know hunters take **** seriously but I’m a ball buster and this is a Internet forum so no worries either way! Hope everyone can ethically fill their own freezers this year should they try to do so!

Stop by any of the local farmers and ask them if they have any corn to sell. My guess is you'll be lucky if you can find corn for $50 a barrel cash this year.

Well… Or you can look at it thru the lens of reality… Since it is legal in GA to hunt with corn, that means your neighbors are pouring the corn to it by the Ton…

If you dont do it you will see less deer period…

Back
Top Bottom