• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SP 101 spring kits - school me

davis211

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
I got a SP 101 4.2" (edit: .357 Mag) yesterday for my daughter's Christmas present. She picked it out over several Smiths and GPs - she's small and it fit her hands the best. Anyway, the trigger and hammer are tight. She can barely back the hammer.

Midway has the Wilson Kit in stock - "Contains a 10 Reduced Power Rebound Trigger Spring and 10lb and 12lb Reduced Power Hammer Spring" (https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004158679?pid=123277). Anyone replaced the hammer and trigger springs? Is there a better kit?

Thanks.

Per Wilson Combat - Reduced Power Hammer Spring 10#, 12# and 10# Reduced Power Rebound Trigger Spring. THESE ARE NOT FOR USE ON THE .22 RIMFIRE which needs a heavy hammer strike to fire.

My Dad put a Wilson kit into his 22caliber SP101-he liked the results. I have fired it many times, and it always fires.

Those springs are cheap and easy to find. You might try just clipping 2 coils off of the main spring. If it works, it was free.

I polished everything inside and I tried a spring kit. One was still heavy and the other was too light and caused issues. I can't remember the brand but eventually cut 2 coils off the original spring and now it has a very nice trigger !

I put a Wilson spring kit in my 642. It was easy and cleaned up the trigger a lot. Would guess the Ruger would be just as easy.

I put the Wilson 10# hammer spring in and polished the strut and hammer parts - it's much better. Tested with some factory loads, WIN and CCI primer reloads - all good. I didn't mess with the trigger return spring.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom