• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spanish Astra

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
Anyone here have a Spanish Astra in 9mm Largo?

I had a chance to buy one and passed it up, but it seemed cool.

It was also capable of firing 380, 9mm, 38super, and 9mm largo. Probably not recommended, but it did it fine.

Anyone have opinions on them? are they junk?

Should be a 1921 mod 400. I have owned a couple in the past and now own a 400 and a 600. The 600 is 9mm Luger. They are very very well made and extremly reliable. As you said, the 1921 mod 400 will fire 9mm Largo, 9mm Luger 38 auto and 380. It's really not safe to shoot the 38 super out of them, although it will chamber and fire it. The 38 Super is to high pressure for it.

astra1.JPG

Should be a 1921 mod 400. I have owned a couple in the past and now own a 400 and a 600. The 600 is 9mm Luger. They are very very well made and extremly reliable. As you said, the 1921 mod 400 will fire 9mm Largo, 9mm Luger 38 auto and 380. It's really not safe to shoot the 38 super out of them, although it will chamber and fire it. The 38 Super is to high pressure for it.

View attachment 247416
yea maybe I got the year wrong.

I was originally attracted to it because the knurling on the front of the slide made me think it was a thread protector. Which looks more like the bottom one in the picture.

They are both knurled, that's part of the barrel bushing. You also see them now and again with the knurling %#@*ed up from where some bubba thought it unscrewed and used channel locks on it.

A few years back there were a lot of the mod 400's released by a foreign country and imported. Those were marked "Inter Arms"

The mod 400 I have belonged to my late uncle. He had it for over 35 years. A week after he died, my POS cousin came into a pawnshop where I used to hang out and pawned it. I told the owner if he didn't come back for it, I wanted it. 40 days later, it was mine.

astra2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom