• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spectre II first impressions

I actually don't even own a bolt gun. Everything except my 44mag Raging Bull is a semi auto. I now know what to expect with my AR15 22lr BCG when I put it on. I've got a lot of 22lr beside the Remington, just not subs. I'm already thinking about what else I can suppress.

I cleaned both with Nitro Solvent in about 10 minutes. Not as bad a cleaning a black powder rifle after a couple of shots. I may look into getting a Harbor freight sonic cleaner for the baffles because I think I will be shooting it a lot. It was surprising how much difference there was from the blast baffle to the last baffle in term of build up.

I actually don't even own a bolt gun. Everything except my 44mag Raging Bull is a semi auto. I now know what to expect with my AR15 22lr BCG when I put it on. I've got a lot of 22lr beside the Remington, just not subs. I'm already thinking about what else I can suppress.

Savage FVSR with CCI Quiets and my Warlock II is in-freaking-sane!

How does Federal Auto Match run as far as sound. I've also got just over a case of those also. I know that my 1400 fps stuff will not suppress well; but it was bought for hunting bigger game than squirrels. I've already picked out my next type of suppressor, just looking for the correct host.

I cleaned both with Nitro Solvent in about 10 minutes. Not as bad a cleaning a black powder rifle after a couple of shots. I may look into getting a Harbor freight sonic cleaner for the baffles because I think I will be shooting it a lot. It was surprising how much difference there was from the blast baffle to the last baffle in term of build up.
You should look into "the dip" for cleaning the baffles. I think the owners manual reccomends cleaning every 500rds if I'm not mistaken. I actually feel like the tone improves a little with some build-up in the can.

You should look into "the dip" for cleaning the baffles. I think the owners manual reccomends cleaning every 500rds if I'm not mistaken. I actually feel like the tone improves a little with some build-up in the can.

Don't forget to look up msds for what the dip turns into.

Took it to the range again today and it sounded better with Federal Auto Match 40gr ammo. Had to wear ear plugs, but I think I only heard 1 crack in about 150 rounds. Let a couple of guys try it out and about had to smack the grin off their face. Harvester worked nice; just need to shoot it outside to get a real feel for it. I'm hooked for sure now.

Back
Top Bottom