• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Specwar mount timing

washers to time a brake which times a can...eh. id say spend the money and have the brakes timed. that way they can be loctited down and you never have to worry about the brake and can backing off at an in opportune time.

Curious as to thoughts, but if the idea is the brake will be the sacrificial first baffle that will eventually be replaced, why spend the money to have the brakes machined/timed? I guess if you were not planning on putting a lot of rounds through it, then it would not matter.

Last edited:
Curious as to thoughts, but if the idea is the brake will be the sacrificial first baffle that will eventually be replaced, why spend the money to have the brakes machined/timed? I guess if you were not planning on putting a lot of rounds through it, then it would not matter.

On a 20" 308 and a 16" 556 I don't think I'll be abusing the muzzle brake really.

If you were shooting enough rounds to wear a brake out the money to machine it is pretty insignificant.

Why are we always trying to reinvent the wheel? The accuwasher is not just a washer. It is a precision ground shim set, designed specifically for timing a suppressor mount. Similar to the shim kits that come with AAC, Surefire and KAC mounts. The only difference is that instead of having to use a combination of shims to get proper alignment, they offer one-piece shims in a variety of sizes. The kit will also allow you to mount multiple cans over time.

Why are we always trying to reinvent the wheel? The accuwasher is not just a washer. It is a precision ground shim set, designed specifically for timing a suppressor mount. Similar to the shim kits that come with AAC, Surefire and KAC mounts. The only difference is that instead of having to use a combination of shims to get proper alignment, they offer one-piece shims in a variety of sizes. The kit will also allow you to mount multiple cans over time.
what if the shoulder of the brake or threads is off? all you are doing is making it worse. ask any engineer, fewer part, fewer failures. im sure 99.9999% of the time you will be fine with shims but i wouldnt be a happy camper when Murphy shows up on .0001%.

Back
Top Bottom