Springfield 1911's

CSA

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
425   0
Reaction score
What's your opinion of the basic GI springer 1911? It is their lowest costing 1911 so how good are they as far as accuracy and reliability?

i have never shot that one but i have shot several springfeild 1911s and carry one in the woods most days. they r very good running machines and an easy 50 yard shotter

The GI is alot like the Mil Spec. I just spent 1k having mine sexed up and it is awesome. Of course you could just buy a loaded or target match etc. I prefer to have one that is not like all the others. Stick with the NM units and the frame to slide fit and finish will be just fine. The rest is simply preference style of sights and other features. I love my Springers.

Ive got a box stock GI, and it works. Had a feeding problem out of the box, a quick trip back to SA and now it eats everything.
It's as basic as a 1911 can get and all a 1911 needs to be. I have higher dollar 1911's and this is the one I always seem to have with me.......YMMV

I'd like to see that. Springers rock!
before
i46.tinypic.com_2cfwi6p.jpg

i50.tinypic.com_34e4uq1.jpg

After,she is at the smiths right now getting the finishing touches Ed brown Chain link stainless mainspring housing w/magwell
i45.tinypic.com_i5c235.jpg

i49.tinypic.com_fvytl.jpg

i50.tinypic.com_swpnx1.jpg

i45.tinypic.com_sma9uo.jpg

I'm assuming you are getting a flat MSH? I never did care for the arched MSH's. That is a great looking Springer either way though. I like the stainless controls with the parkerized finish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom