• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Springfield Armory Hellcat

Pretty weak list when Malaysia and ISIS are key operators.

Springfield barely gets mentioned:
https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/handguns/largest-departments-police-sidearms/
Glock is the most popular sidearm for american lawman. A tremendous amount of that has got to do with marketing and cost. SigSauer has been nipping at their heels for a while. 90% of Springfields Market is civilian sales.
A first responder can pick up a new Glock for personal use for around 400 450 bucks. Law enforcement agencies purchase them at a cheaper rate. Glock offers armorer courses at very low cost. Most law enforcement agencies have at least one armor that can rectify anything except catastrophic problems, like crack frames. So if you're the purchasing agent for the local law enforcement agency and you can buy a Glock for in the threes or you can buy Sig for in the 5 to 6 range reliability and quality are on par, what are you going to purchase. Springfields Marketing to the law enforcement Community is nowhere near l Glock, sig or even Smith & Wesson. I've asked numerous people why they purchase the Glock and the first thing that comes out of their mouth is that's what the police use. Why is the AR platform so popular because that's what the military uses. Most of these guys wouldn't know the difference in a quality firearm and a piece of junk if somebody beat them in the head with it.

Just for the record my daily carry is not normally a Springfield it's a sig and then next a 1911 or a revolver. Depending on what I'm doing and where I'm going. I just hate to see a quality firearm bashed from lack of knowledge and bad internet press from Clueless wannabe Firearm experts.

Some of the stigma comes because it's made in Croatia... Many seem to have this notion that made in America is somehow inherently better. Truth is, America produces plenty of cheap crap. Countries like China that people scoff at, is producing plenty of high quality stuff...

Buy what you want... But blanket statements like Springfield sucks or whatever, are largely stupid and meaningless, and not true at all...

Agreed. Blanket statements like that are simply stupid and untrue.

Unless we’re talking about Taurus. :lol:

Just for the record my daily carry is not normally a Springfield it's a sig and then next a 1911 or a revolver. Depending on what I'm doing and where I'm going. I just hate to see a quality firearm bashed from lack of knowledge and bad internet press from Clueless wannabe Firearm experts.

I’ve never owned an xD but have owned several SA 1911s and was always impressed. Sig, OTOH, has let me down several times with their QC and initial rollouts (RCS, 556R, P320, P365). Sure they ironed out the kinks, but I had much higher expectations from Sig than from SA, and SA has never let me down. I guess my point is all gun mfgs can have their successes and challenges.

Still no reliable source. Aaron isnt a reliable source, do you know Aaron? If you did you would know he's not reliable. He will say anything to get his point accross true or not.
Please go do some homework, get some real experience with a variety of firearms, talk to people who see these Firearms used in lot of applications, and then let the chips fall where they may. Instead of making unsubstantiated claims about a firearms you know nothing about
"Get some experience with a variety of firearms". LOL
OK.

Glock is the most popular sidearm for american lawman. A tremendous amount of that has got to do with marketing and cost.

SigSauer has been nipping at their heels for a while. 90% of Springfields Market is civilian sales.
A first responder can pick up a new Glock for personal use for around 400 450 bucks. Law enforcement agencies purchase them at a cheaper rate. Glock offers armorer courses at very low cost. Most law enforcement agencies have at least one armor that can rectify anything except catastrophic problems, like crack frames.

So if you're the purchasing agent for the local law enforcement agency and you can buy a Glock for in the threes or you can buy Sig for in the 5 to 6 range reliability and quality are on par, what are you going to purchase. Springfields Marketing to the law enforcement Community is nowhere near l Glock, sig or even Smith & Wesson.

I've asked numerous people why they purchase the Glock and the first thing that comes out of their mouth is that's what the police use. Why is the AR platform so popular because that's what the military uses. Most of these guys wouldn't know the difference in a quality firearm and a piece of junk if somebody beat them in the head with it.

From what I understand a lot of departments don't allow 'single-action' pistols as duty guns, and according to the ATF the XD/XDm guns are all considered 'single-action' because the striker is fully cocked and the trigger simply releases it.

Glock was almost tossed out of the initial NYPD trials (that turned out to be critical to the company) until the ATF decided that they were 'double action' guns because pulling the trigger actually provided the final tension on the striker.

From what I understand a lot of departments don't allow 'single-action' pistols as duty guns, and according to the ATF the XD/XDm guns are all considered 'single-action' because the striker is fully cocked and the trigger simply releases it.

Glock was almost tossed out of the initial NYPD trials (that turned out to be critical to the company) until the ATF decided that they were 'double action' guns because pulling the trigger actually provided the final tension on the striker.
The ex platform is approved by a lot of departments if the officers wish to purchase it themselves, for the department's that allow officers to use other than issued duty weapons. Houston PD is one that comes to mind. NYPD approves the xd for off duty carry by it officers.

Back
Top Bottom