Squirrels Today

The 3 that the boy and I have taken so far this year have been wolve free, maybe the extreme summer heat had something to do with it.

Nick T

i371.photobucket.com_albums_oo151_crowcommander_0822110811.jpg

The 3 that the boy and I have taken so far this year have been wolve free, maybe the extreme summer heat had something to do with it.

Nick T

i371.photobucket.com_albums_oo151_crowcommander_0822110811.jpg

I think you need a bigger scope for squirrel.

I've always heard of the wolves they get, but have yet to see one. I still wait till it gets colder to hunt them. I don't think I could eat one if I found that nice slug under the skin. Anyway hot as it is, I'd rather be fishing. Easier to keep the cooler close by.

If you skin and cook, you can eat a squirrel with wolves. Don't dig one out of the warble though, once seen you can't forget it and you won't be able to eat another. I made that mistake at 14.

I think you need a bigger scope for squirrel.

I've always heard of the wolves they get, but have yet to see one. I still wait till it gets colder to hunt them. I don't think I could eat one if I found that nice slug under the skin. Anyway hot as it is, I'd rather be fishing. Easier to keep the cooler close by.

We'll kill for meat when the first frost hits, right now it's to keep them out of a buddy's pecan crop. The ones we kill now are given to the farm hands. Been a pretty good year so far, 29 KIAs. Looking forward to the morning.

The scope is a Simmons Aetec 3.8x12x40. Makes it alot easier to shoot those egg sized heads at distance. My next rifle will be set up for long range specifically, probably go with a 6x24x56 when it happens.

Nick T

9/9/11

i371.photobucket.com_albums_oo151_crowcommander_0909111031.jpg

9/10/11

i371.photobucket.com_albums_oo151_crowcommander_91011Squirrels.jpg

9/17/11

i371.photobucket.com_albums_oo151_crowcommander_91711squirrels.jpg

Back
Top Bottom