• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Starlink

When I moved to central GA - I got on the wait list for Starlink but we were lucky and the rural fiber came first so I canceled and got my deposit back. Rural fiber through our power coop is great!

as I understand it ALL maintenance and set up is on the user...there is no support....I'm not say'n....I'm just say'n

With the amount of difficulty just to get in the industry my hats off to Elon. It’s not for everyone and has some issues but I think with time it will become great

With the amount of difficulty just to get in the industry my hats off to Elon. It’s not for everyone and has some issues but I think with time it will become great
I hope so, he's a great person!! he's done so much more for the folks of the world than our current, screwed up president could even think about....

Connected via StarLink now. Like many services, prime time users slow it down. I work from home and, during day time hours, I normally connect at greater than 150 Mbps down and 10 to 15 Mbps up, compared to my CenturyLink/Brightspeed that is about 20 down and 1 up. I am in Wedowee, AL, just across the state line, so I have limited options.

Was on a waiting list for over 2 years. About $600 in initial equipment costs, then needed an extra mount plus longer cable, so now have about $900 in total costs, with a $120 per month fee. The StarLink router is not state of the art, but the app helps with initial setup and dish placement to avoid Northern sky obstructions. You can bypass the router and add your own faster WiFi 6 router if you purchase an optional Ethernet adapter, or add range extenders or a mesh network for extended coverage.

Overall, for me, it is worth it.

Connected via StarLink now. Like many services, prime time users slow it down. I work from home and, during day time hours, I normally connect at greater than 150 Mbps down and 10 to 15 Mbps up, compared to my CenturyLink/Brightspeed that is about 20 down and 1 up. I am in Wedowee, AL, just across the state line, so I have limited options.

Was on a waiting list for over 2 years. About $600 in initial equipment costs, then needed an extra mount plus longer cable, so now have about $900 in total costs, with a $120 per month fee. The StarLink router is not state of the art, but the app helps with initial setup and dish placement to avoid Northern sky obstructions. You can bypass the router and add your own faster WiFi 6 router if you purchase an optional Ethernet adapter, or add range extenders or a mesh network for extended coverage.

Overall, for me, it is worth it.
sounds like somebody could make GOOD money setting an installation business for StarLink

I set mine up last week and so far it's working great. I get down load speed of 150 + usually and up load of around 16 to 20. Easy to set up but running the wire into the house was a problem. The fitting on the end of the cord that goes into the router is rather large and didn't want to drill a hole in the floor that big so I have it running in a window for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom