• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Status of Bump Stocks

Except full autos are not banned. They fall under the purview of the NFA. And while the NFA is also Unconstitutional, it still doesn't come close to what the Trump admin did with bump stocks. They took it to the level of a dictatorship, and again every firearms owner should be outraged over it.

Again, semantics. I know that technically one CAN own them with a Class II permit and paperwork, but for the purposes of the argument, they are banned. If you want to say restricted, fine, but it doesn't change anything. The reality is that one is legislated largely away, and the other is a flimsy attempt at a work around that I don't know it made it this far...

I had a bump stock for an AK. I shot 90 rounds at an indoor range at 75 feet and hit the target eight times in the Kill Zone. My AK was so hot I couldn't touch it for 10 minutes. I traded my bump stock right after the Las Vegas shooting for 30 AR mags.
The only thing that is keeping me from buying a full auto is the price. I can't justify spending that kind of money. But if I did get one it would definitely be a belt fed.
Talking about something that's addicting.

What is the deal with Missouri?
Did they apeal it or something?

Did I miss something?

Missouri declared itself a sanctuary state for federal gun law violators.

Apparently the state legislature in Missouri voted to forbid all state & local cops in MO from enforcing FEDERAL gun control laws.
if something is not a crime under Missouri's own state law then Missouri's cops will not arrest for it or try to prosecute it and that would include every level of government within Missouri --state, county, and city .

http://thesentinel.net/politics/missouri-bans-all-federal-gun-control-laws-in-23-10-vote/

Missouri declared itself a sanctuary state for federal gun law violators.

Apparently the state legislature in Missouri voted to forbid all state & local cops in MO from enforcing FEDERAL gun control laws.
if something is not a crime under Missouri's own state law then Missouri's cops will not arrest for it or try to prosecute it and that would include every level of government within Missouri --state, county, and city .

http://thesentinel.net/politics/missouri-bans-all-federal-gun-control-laws-in-23-10-vote/

So in an effort to be consistent... how is this any different from California refusing to enforce Federal immigration laws?

While I like to see us stick it to the other side once in awhile with their own medicine, in reality we are doing exactly what we bitch at them for doing... we sink to their level...

...I am ...not surprised that the bump stocks got pulled. They were nothing more than a workaround, a way to skirt and side step the NFA laws. You can play lawyer all day and argue about the mechanics of the sear... I don't care, despite not even disagreeing with you...

But the reality is that the bump stock IS a way to in essence, convert a semi auto to a full auto. How it accompishes it is slightly different, but let's at least be honest about what it is.

And yes, I have fired my AK47's in "bump mode" with my belt loop just like all of you have, but the bump stuck does it a lot easier, where the average noob can just pick it up and do it, and shoulder it as well, which makes it a lot moe accurate than hip firing...

Agreed, AND, I'm 100% confident that if Congress,

in 1934 or 1968 when the NFA was enacted and then broadened,

had been informed about a future invention called a "bump fire" or "slide fire" stock, they surely would have written the technical definition of "machine gun" to include such things. The "one shot per single function of the trigger" language was only meant to adequately distinguish between the semi automatic firearms that were known to Americans in the 1930s and the fully automatic firearms that were known to Americans (primarily law-enforcement and military personnel) in the 1930s.

Therefore, I am not so highly offended that bump stocks have been banned by executive order and notice and comment rulemaking. (Publishing proposed changes in The Federal Register). I am sure that if it hadn't been done that way, Congress would vote to amend the NFA to ban them,

and perhaps while they're messing around with the NFA they would make things worse for us in other ways too!! Which is why the NRA and Prez Trump didn't want Congress screwing with the National Firearms Act itself, and they would prefer a very narrowly focused surgical strike on the bump stocks by BATF.

Back
Top Bottom