• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steal on a rear tine tiller

What a pisser. I assembled the tiller when I got it home in August. Put in some fresh gas and it started right up and ran great. Fast forward to today. I had a heck of a time starting it. It finally started with full choke but wouldn't run when you took the choke off. It was running very poorly on full choke. I took the carb bowl off and checked gas. Gas looks clean. I took the air filter off and had it running and would spray starting fluid in the carb and it would run fine. It's starving for fuel. It seems like it would be a fairly easy fix but I don't want to start digging into it and screw up my warranty. I called HD and they opened a case on it. I guess I'll see if the warranty is worth anything.
I assembled mine, took it for a test drive through the garden then put it up. Went to crank it yesterday and it’s locked up. Yes. We filled it with oil before we cranked it. I paid for the warranty so I guess we’ll see how that works.

I assembled mine, took it for a test drive through the garden then put it up. Went to crank it yesterday and it’s locked up. Yes. We filled it with oil before we cranked it. I paid for the warranty so I guess we’ll see how that works.
I called HD and they entered a help desk ticket. I got a call a few days later from a young barely english speaking girl. They ended up sending me a new carb. I have yet to install it but I think if you're expecting to take it to someone to fix you might be disappointed. You can only return it in the first 30 days.

I called HD and they entered a help desk ticket. I got a call a few days later from a young barely english speaking girl. They ended up sending me a new carb. I have yet to install it but I think if you're expecting to take it to someone to fix you might be disappointed. You can only return it in the first 30 days.
Great. I haven’t even contacted them yet. I may take the pull rope assembly off and see if we can get it broke loose. I can’t imagine it locked up when I shut it off

Great. I haven’t even contacted them yet. I may take the pull rope assembly off and see if we can get it broke loose. I can’t imagine it locked up when I shut it off
Carb needle leaking could have filled cylinder with fuel. Check oil to see if it has fuel in it.
Remove spark plug and try spinning it over

Carb needle leaking could have filled cylinder with fuel. Check oil to see if it has fuel in it.
Remove spark plug and try spinning it over
That was my first though too. Make sure to turn off the fuel and let it run dry when you get ready to put it up. I run nonethanol gas with seafoam in mine.

I know one thing, if you fill that gas tank up it'll run a whole lot longer than you will. I've probably got about 4 hours on this thing and it's still got gas in it and I didn't fill it all the way.

For you guys who got these tillers delivered. What kind of metal framed shipping container was it? Anyone have pictures? Anyone want to unload one or two to me if your in Fayetteville or Fayette County. I could use it for a project. Thanks

probably going to go ahead and order this hiller/furrower for it too

For anyone else who ordered the hiller for your Tiller, here's how I found to attach it without having to modify anything

20240427_133741.jpg
20240427_133802.jpg

Back
Top Bottom