• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steyr M9A1 input needed.

chief401

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
Thinking about making an offer on one of these on another forum. Does anybody own one, shot one? Compared to a G19 or G17, how did you like it or not like it? Thanks for the input.

Ergonomics are great on the Steyr M9-A1, and the sights are very cool to me, but either you love them or hate them. Triggers are generally better than stock Glock triggers, and the slide has less mass so controlling the recoil is not as hard and makes for some impressive double taps...

Love the steyr, i glocks also, steyr is my favorite edc and shooter. Some who try it love it others have not been fond of the trap sights. If i coulf only keep one poly frame it would be one of the steyrs. Ymmv

I used to collect them and at one time i owned 6 of them. i had an M9, M40, M357, M9A1, S9 and S40. They are very wide and parts are very difficult to find. Ergos are great and they are very soft shooting. They are plagued with extractor issues though and resale sucks like a Plymouth. The trap sights are love or the with most leaning toward the "hate" column.

When all of mine started with the extractor issues I sold them to another collector.

Last edited:
They are very wide and parts are very difficult to find. Ergos are great and they are very soft shooting. They are plagued with extractor issues though and resale sucks like a Plymouth. The trap sights are love or the with most leaning toward the "hate" column.
Thats what I was afraid of.

Mine were great shooters with very low recoil due to the low bore axis but they were never reliable enough to trust.

Try a Caracal if you like the idea of the Steyr. They are awesome.

I would choose a Glock over the Steyr for the following reasons:

Huge market for Glock parts and ability to customize a Glock in many many ways.

Over 60% of L.E./Military use Glock.

Many Glock parts are interchangeable..

Glock is 30 min. away from me...

that being said, I still loved my Steyr M9-A1 and I hated to sell it!!! It was a truly pleasurable shooter!

If you do end up getting the Steyr, I have a very nice Theis IWB Holster that is Horsehide/kydex for sale here...

Would you choose the Steyr over a Glock?

Back
Top Bottom