Stock Advice

JRB 50

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
74   0
Reaction score
I have a Remington 700 Ltr 308 , its like the sps -acc but the barrel is fluted. I am looking at Bell & Carlson Metalist Light tactical or the Metalist M 40 ,not the big adjustable one but the plain looking stock. If anybody has used one of these I would like to hear what the pros & cons one over the other?? I dont want it to heavy that I wouldn't hunt with it!

the LTR is supposed to have an aluminum bedding block why would you want to change it? I'm using a medalist on a 26" stainless fluted but the factory SPS stock was CRAP. the medalist is much better but I cant comment on the weight since I was dealing with a beast to begin with.

the LTR is supposed to have an aluminum bedding block why would you want to change it? I'm using a medalist on a 26" stainless fluted but the factory SPS stock was CRAP. the medalist is much better but I cant comment on the weight since I was dealing with a beast to begin with.

My LTR is in a crap sps varmint style stock!

Check out the "Model 700 War Mods" video by nutnfancy on youtube. He goes into a lot of detail about stock choices with weights, pros and cons, and lots of other considerations for the model 700.

Back
Top Bottom