• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

stock market

rightway1974

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
War in Europe, oil at $112, and 10% inflation but the market goes up? I know it has had some losses but they are usually erased the next day. It doesnt make sense to me but I am no Gordon Gekko. Is it because the big money investors know that the fed will always bail the market out if needed?

It's heavily manipulated. Being propped up by printing fake money out of thin air. That's why when it does finally tank it will be a lot worse. Inflation is already making everything worthless. People literally can't afford rent, houses, or cars right now. How many young couples can afford a starter home know when they're selling for 175k plus in Macon, GA of all places. Oh just rent you say? Decent 2 bedroom apartments here in a "good" area are over $1200 a month easy, some closer to $1800 a month. New and used cars are 30% higher than they were a year ago.

It's heavily manipulated. Being propped up by printing fake money out of thin air. That's why when it does finally tank it will be a lot worse. Inflation is already making everything worthless. People literally can't afford rent, houses, or cars right now. How many young couples can afford a starter home know when they're selling for 175k plus in Macon, GA of all places. Oh just rent you say? Decent 2 bedroom apartments here in a "good" area are over $1200 a month easy, some closer to $1800 a month. New and used cars are 30% higher than they were a year ago.
You really about to piss off the boomers with that. I been harping that for months and get ganged up on every time i do.

You really about to piss off the boomers with that. I been harping that for months and get ganged up on every time i do.
Yeah it amazes me that people don't understand the gap between how much income has increased versus the rate of inflation in the last 30+ years.

I've come to the same conclusion. It kept climbing after covid hit. Made no sense.

I mean, how do cruise line stocks keep climbing when they aren't even generating any revenue? They are back to cruising now but nowhere near capacity.

I am so grateful my wife and I refi'd our home at the start of this **** show. so grateful I bought a car at the start of this **** show.

every home sold in my neighborhood for the past 8-12months has been flipped and rented. I would dump $50k in mine and sell...but where would I move? rates are already waaaaay over the 2.25% I am paying now.

agree on the rent too...people are paying 2-3x my mortgage to rent my former neighbor's home. I don't see how young people can afford to rent.

Yup, it amazes me that the market gets a boost from any speech from Biden. He's a fool being manipulated like a puppet & it's apparent with every speech he gives.

When it hits the fan, it'll spread everywhere. This won't be anything that the elite Left can manipulate to fix their crap shoot agenda's. In the end, it'll work out for the Right on mid term elections & the next Presidential race. We just have to hold out till the current fools in charge are voted out.

Back
Top Bottom