• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stogies

Cfair,

You are not supposed to inhale them like a cig, but i can see how doing so on your 1st one would put you off. Try another one, maybe a Macanudo or Don Diego both very mild and try it at a shop or with someone who will walk you through it. It ia a very relaxing part of life

Cfair,

You are not supposed to inhale them like a cig, but i can see how doing so on your 1st one would put you off. Try another one, maybe a Macanudo or Don Diego both very mild and try it at a shop or with someone who will walk you through it. It ia a very relaxing part of life

Oh I am sure it is and the smell of them are just plain great but the way that thing made me feel was absolutely horrific!!! I felt let my lungs and throat shut down, LOL. I will try one again someday and be real careful, LOL.

I dont know much about them but one of my customers gave me one that he got from Miami or somewhere and I inhaled it and it literally felt like a mule kicked me in the chest and I coughed all day. Never Again!!!!

It probably felt like a burro kicked you if he got it in Miami!

Cfair...
atleast you are willing to give it a try again. Trust me Macanudo if you have the money (not one of my favs but is an industry fav), I would go with a Don Diego corona for milder smoke great after chicken, fish or lamb. If you want a Medium smoke gor with H. Uppman Churchill or a Punch Gran Cru or royal; coranation, goes great with steak and some really good single barrell burboun.

Bill

I think the November 20th event at the Cigar Superstore would be a great way to get this crew together. My long time favorite is a JR Ultimate Principale. However there are lots of other good brands at the store.

I'm fairly new to cigar smoking, so I have been experimenting a lot. My favorite at the moment is a Tabak Especial Coloda Dulce. I like the Acid stuff from drew estate, too. Every once in a awhile I'll smoke the corona size if I feel like chillin' a bit longer. Whoever said that a good drink and a cigar was a mini vacation is dead on! I don't drink that often, so sometimes a good cup o' Joe has to do. I'd love to get together for a smoke.

What do you guys think about smoking with the band on? If you have travelled abroad, you will find that it is bad form to leave the band on because it makes people feel bad that can't afford as good a stick. I say bull crap myself. Personally, I leave it on, and when I am about to the band, I remove it, and put the names of who I smoked with, the date, and the occasion. I like to look back randomly, and it takes me back to a particular night, and a particular cigar... You might try it sometime, pretty cool...

Not that I am a proponent of smoking, but I look at a scotch and cigar as a one hour vacation. I am way too busy for vacation, so this is a great substitute. I took my first vacation in 6 years to California, and I must say that I would rather have sat on the front porch swing with a Glenfiddich and a nice Opus X than have gone there.

^^^This. Sitting on the deck with a glass og Laphroaig and a nice stogie (even if mine are probably on the low end of everyone's scale) is one life's guilty little pleasures.

what's more to say?
Enjoyed a swell aged opus X this afternoon whilst grilling some cow.
Had plume galore on it, and was a damn fine smoke...

I'm also down for doing some trading of cigars and such...have quite a collection (though no where near what it used to be LOL). Will trade for ammo!

Post away Brothers of the Leaf!!!

I just had an OPUS X for the 1st time this past weekend ...Talk about smooth ...I got to more of those bad boys for later!!

Back
Top Bottom