• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stop and Frisk in Philly

I think that would actually qualify as reasonable articulable suspicion.

If there was any evidence to show the guy to whom they spoke was a dealer, why not arrest him?

If I say "Good morning. Did you see Manning get spanked last night?" to a neighbor, I am not forfeiting my rights. We don't know this but if these guys were huddling exchanging something on the side of the house, that is a different story.

When I get pulled over, the officer generally tells me why I was stopped within the first 30 seconds. I watched about four minutes of the tape and they were never given a clear reason for search other than "I can".

This is the reason the police officer got in trouble.
http://www.thenation.com/blog/176737/cop-stops-black-man-tells-him-all-you-do-weaken-f-ing-country

There are a number of choice quotes to be pulled from this video, my favorite among them the retort from the young man being stopped and who managed to film the incident, “You not protecting me by stopping me when I’m trying to go to work,” but it’s this exchange that has come to define the encounter:

Officer: “We don’t want you here [in Philadelphia], anyway. All you do is weaken the ****ing country.”
Young man: “How do I weaken the country? By working?”
Officer: “No, freeloading,”
Young man: “Freeloading on what? I work.”
Officer: “Do you? Where?”
Young man: “[redacted] Country Club.”
Officer: “Doing what?”
Young man: “I’m a server”
Officer: “A server? Serving weed?”

The officer responsible for this racist line of questioning, Philip Nace,was recently placed
in the Differential Police Response Unit, a disciplinary unit, for what a police spokesman called “idiotic behavior” after another video
surfaced of him knocking down a basketball hoop and, while driving away in a police van, telling the group that was playing “have a good day.” He is being investigated by Internal Affairs.
“But this is one individual,” Lt. John Stanford told the Philadelphia Daily News, “Don’t let this individual put it in your mind that this is how officers act. The vast majority of officers give the residents of this city 110 percent.”
The problem is, as badly as Philadelphia police may want to isolate Nace and his poor behavior, this isn’t the result of mistakenly hiring one racist cop. This is a racist policy supported by a racist society doing exactly what it was designed to do.

Will post full 16minute video

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom