Stop Common Core in GA school

Light up the Governor's Switchboard
GHEA has been lobbying against the Common Core Standards for well over one year. Let us continue to lobby against this top down take over of education..
Please call Governor Deal's office as well as your own senator's office to lobby for SB 167 and SB 203 and against the Common Core Standards, the Obama Care of education.
The GHEA Board​

Common Core Standards

January 20, 2014

Governor Deal is still not listening. He still has not decided whose side he is on - the side of Georgia parents and children or big business, Washington, D.C. bureaucrats and outside special-interest groups.

We are asking everyone to help light up the Governor's switchboard by calling his office (404-656-1776) this coming Wednesday, January 22, 2014.

Urge Gov. Deal to support SB 167 and SB 203. These two pieces of legislation will withdraw Georgia from the Common Core standards, any type of national or regional tests that is aligned with Common Core and any student data-tracking or data-sharing system that collects personally sensitive information.
The bills will also set up an open and transparent process for the adoption of all future standards.

The legislative session is well under way and it is critical that you make this phone call.
Thank you for making a difference! We cannot do this alone. It will take the prayers and efforts of each one of us to reverse course and return education sovereignty to Georgia citizens.

Forward on to your friends.

Be a part of the Common Core conference call with Sen. William LigonJanuary 29, 2014

Fellow Georgians,
We are embroiled in an intense battle to return local control of education to the citizens of this State, and your voice is needed to help reverse course on the Common Core disaster.

State Senator William Ligon has been leading the charge against the Common Core and is the sponsor of two bills in the Georgia legislature that will withdraw our state out of the Common Core and stop the intrusive data-tracking on our children.

Sen. Ligon is hosting a conference call this Thursday, January 30, 2014, at 8:00 p.m., and he is inviting you to listen in as he shares where we are in the legislative process and how you can help impact the passage of the legislation. We will also be discussing the rally to stop the Common Core taking place at the State Capitol next Tuesday, February 4. You will step away educated, equipped and empowered to stop the Common Core!

Here are the details:
Date: Thursday, January 30, 2014
Time: 8:00 p.m.
Conference Dial-in Number: (530) 881-1000
Participant Access Code: 632867#

Plan to attend the rally and press conference. Click here to download the rally flyer. Share it with others!

common core is just cementing the already terrible indoctrination the kids receive

i see battling common core as a moot point since the assholes who run the education system and the ones who endorse common core will still be in power

if you beat it, it will simply return with a different name

and if you think private school is the answer ....wrong... the schools all of our boys went to [one still there this is his last year] have adopted CC as well...

Home school if you can...

common core is just cementing the already terrible indoctrination the kids receive

i see battling common core as a moot point since the assholes who run the education system and the ones who endorse common core will still be in power

if you beat it, it will simply return with a different name
I see your point but I don't necessarily agree with it.
Exactly one year ago I did not even know about Common Core. And I am not even sure that today, NOW, the main focus is to fight Common Core. Of course we have to, but I think that the most important thing to do NOW is to make people, all the people (not necessarily only people who have kids) aware of what is going on. Again, one year ago I did not even know about the level of indoctrination our kids were subject to. We discovered it by ourselves little by little, piece by piece, because something was simply not matching up. The first spark was when the teacher began not answering our questions.
I can speak to 10 people in any place and I don't find a single person that knows about what's going on in our schools. Parents don't know. I have friends that are very happy to spend thousand of dollars so that their kids can be safe in private schools, without even knowing that they are common core aligned. Parents don't even know what their kids do when they are at school and they barely read they homework. imagine if they know about indoctrination and data gathering.
But believe me. I know very few of them that once they are made aware, once they realize the extent of this scheme, that do not fight back or do not try to shield their kids.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom