• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
I’ve caught stuff on sale but I haven’t run across a deal to brag about....yet

I did enjoy taking my sons to Cherokee Gun around 2012 and let them pick a greasy mosin out of the crate for $89 bucks each. We did that several times but stopped when the price topped $100 bucks

Got this GP100 brand new at Pannell's Gun Shop around 1990 for $285.00. Still have it. This was before cmshoot cmshoot even worked there. I miss Bob....
20160917_152613.jpg

Back parking lot of a well known LGS circa 2005, I see a woman walking out with several long gun cases as I'm walking in. I comment that she must really like shooting, and she says she selling, not buying, but the shop wasn't interested in what she had. I asked to take a look, and she has a couple of Caesar Guerini O/U's (can't remember the models). The Guerini was relatively new to the market at the time, and didn't have quite the cult following that they do now, so I really didn't know anything about them other than they were Italian. To be honest, I knew just enough about O/Us to be dangerous. The third case held the jewel, unbeknownst to me at the time. It was a J Purdey & Sons O/U, with 2 sets of barrels in a tweed case. She said she was trying to get $5000 for all 3, but the shop had offered her $3k. I had $1500 on me, and offered it to her for one of them. She said she'd give me my pick of the 3 for $1500, so the Purdey came home with me. The only reason I picked that one was because I knew that English guns would probably be worth more than an unknown Italian gun at the time. When I got home and looked it up, I nearly passed out. I thought for sure it must be stolen, so I had the SN run. Nope, clean as a whistle. I sold it a month later on GB for $14.5k to a guy in California. I later found out that she was planning on divorcing her husband who worked in NYC, and she was selling all of his guns. The husband found out a few days later and got a lawyer who had everything that was left in the house inventoried so that she couldn't sell them.

2 years ago I got to an appointment 45 min early in Stockbdidge. Went into the local pawn shop to kill time.

They had a nice S&W model 31 with 3 inch barrel. Asking 195. I just had to take a look.

Left a few minutes later lighter by $175, but with a real jewel in my pocket.

Back in 1995, I found an HK93 with a tag of $450. The guy wouldn’t show it to me because he has a guy there trying to trade an old BMW 2002 for it but the pawn guy was wanting the car + $200 boot! He told me to come back the next day.
Went back the next day and he told me it was mine for $400. It had one mag and at the time mags were $79. Since I was poor and just getting started in the real world, I took it to the Gainesville gun show and sold it for $1600. Then, being a young idiot, I promptly paid $700 for a used DPMS that was an out-of-spec single shot.
And that kids is why I don’t go to Vegas!

Several years ago picked up a gen 4 G22 LEO trade-in - pristine, looked like it was fired maybe once - with bright NS and three mags and everything for $350 OTD. Of course, don’t have it anymore. Miss it though.

Grabbed a Russian Ishevsk SKS at a local pawn shop for either 3 or 400. This was 5 years ago. Not a screaming deal but they priced it the same as most pawn shop Norincos. Russian SKSs are sorta uncommon, and you mainly see Tulas. Ishevsk ones were only produced for one or two years, so they are pretty rare. Guess the going price on them is maybe 5-600+? I haven’t looked on gunbroker in a while.

edit: just checked GB, the only two listed are priced at $1500+ with no bids. :confused:

February 93 I bought a S&W 29-2 new in box at Franklins in Athens for $249. Its now my safe king. Will never sell it. 6 inch barrel. Just love this thing.

Early 2000's bought a pair of new Browning Hi Powers in 40 S&W at Franklins in Athens for $350 each. Really wanted a 9mm but you have to do what you have to do.

Back
Top Bottom