• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stretch 16 Barrels

I'll preface this by saying I've never owned one or shot one, so take my thoughts for what they are worth.

Their soft shooting claims are simply due to the gas system length. They aren't doing anything special there. Hand lapped. Great. I'd be more concerned with who they are getting their blanks from. They state button rifled, not single cut rifles. Seems like a shortcut. For the price, there are other barrels I'd run with well before these. Noveske SS, JPE, Ranier Arms Ultramatch, Proof. Just to name a few. All with a tried and true history.

I don’t have a problem with button-rifles barrels in non-magnum calibers. I have a .308 at home with a Lothar Walther LW50 barrel. It’s as, or more accurate, than any barrel I’ve ever used, no matter the process used to rifle them. I don’t know about longevity yet as I haven’t broke 3,000 rounds yet.

I don’t have a problem with button-rifles barrels in non-magnum calibers. I have a .308 at home with a Lothar Walther LW50 barrel. It’s as, or more accurate, than any barrel I’ve ever used, no matter the process used to rifle them. I don’t know about longevity yet as I haven’t broke 3,000 rounds yet.
I don't have an issue with button rifled, just the way that company proclaims everything as the best seems to be more frills than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom