• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Substitute Person To Pick Up Firearm

Occasionally I will see on here a firearm I would like to purchase but the round trip drive is longer than I care to enjoy. Since these are private transactions and non-FFL, if I had a family member who lived much closer to the seller who was willing to meet the seller and pay for the firearm and I asked the seller if he had any problem meeting my family member, would all be kosher ? Thanks.
just have the family member do the deal and you all work it out

I do THINK it could be considered a straw purchase but im not sure. I have had luck just shipping guns though if the person has enough feedback. If they are long guns then its a very simple process and generally less than the cost of gas.

I do THINK it could be considered a straw purchase but im not sure. I have had luck just shipping guns though if the person has enough feedback. If they are long guns then its a very simple process and generally less than the cost of gas.
Correct. It would be a straw purchase, but that is completely legal since an FFL is not one of the parties involved in the sale.

Correct. It would be a straw purchase, but that is completely legal since an FFL is not one of the parties involved in the sale.

And probably quite defensible provided that all persons involved in the chain were legally permitted to posess the firearm.

Back
Top Bottom