Suggestion Box: Header

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Benmms is also going to try and customize some stuff with the site. One of those is the header, or the area at the top with all the buttons and menus.

Any suggestions for which buttons aren't needed, or what buttons you would add?

A couple ideas we have so far are "What's new" buttons for discussions and for classifieds, a "My Subscriptions" or "My threads" button, stuff like that.

This is the current one, what would you change?

i52.tinypic.com_30bg4de.png

My threads and subscriptions would be sweet. Although you could combine them into one subscription button by having op threads automatically added to subscriptions. Having a whats new for both classifieds and forums could be cool. I don't think there is room for both and one that does both. I like that it does the whole site now, but I guess I could learn to live with it doing them by type.

You know the today's post button when you're not logged in? That when you are logged in.
Ideal would be:
What's new - posts since last visit
Today's classifieds
Today's discussions

"A couple ideas we have so far are "What's new" buttons for discussions and for classifieds, a "My Subscriptions" or "My threads" button, stuff like that."

Those ideas are great. "What's New" and "Subscriptions" are all that I use. "What's New" for classifieds only would be a welcome change. Combine that with better search for the classifieds and this site will blow all the others away.

I am happy with what we have. The only button that I use on a daily basis is the "Whats new" button anyway. I would like to see it stay. I like being able to see all the new post when I hit it.

Back
Top Bottom