• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions for camping around the Ringgold area

sloe_moe

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
Hey peeps..

Planning a camping trip with the family when I get back from this deployment in September and I wanted to know if anyone had any experience around the Ringgold area. I really don't want to go much more north if I can help it, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears, and thank you.

Any reason Ringgold ? It's a nice place but are you looking for somewhere close off the interstate or just camping in general ? Also what type of camping i.e. tent, camper or glamping?

There's not much to do here in Ringgold as far as camping. You could head maybe 30 minutes north into Tennessee and go to Chester Frost Park right on Lake Chickamuaga. It's a beautiful place. There's a KOA campground here, but there's not much to offer here as far as camping goes.

The Pocket campground in Johns Mountain WMA. It's about a 20 minute drive south of Ringgold. Or there's around 25 thousand acres of National Forest land around it with plenty of places to camp.

Any reason Ringgold ? It's a nice place but are you looking for somewhere close off the interstate or just camping in general ? Also what type of camping i.e. tent, camper or glamping?
Glamping... Trading in our current popup for a travel trailer when i return home, and i'd like to make an outing of it instead of driving all the way up there and turning around just to come home.

Back
Top Bottom