• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Summit tractors at Home Depot.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Saw one today at Home Depot in Dawsonville.
Looked pretty nice for a compact tractor.

I thought they would be junk for a 25 HP tractor at Home Depot nonetheless.
But I looked it over and was pretty impressed at what I saw.
I watched a bunch of videos in them later.

They come standard with filled rear tires with rim guard.

Front third function remotes for if you want to add another function like a grapple.

Rear remotes,

Quick attach skid steer attachments.

These are things that come standard which most compact tractors don’t come standard with.

There’s also a backhoe option for $8-k.

The whole package without back hoe is $19,400.
Online reviews are pretty killer.

Biggest concern is tech support, warranty maintenance Locations.
Seems there are not many option yet as this tractor line is pretty new and not
Many dealers are on board yet so they’re introducing them slowly jnto the market…..I guess Home
Depot was all too happy to sell their product.
I saw in some videos the rear hydraulic fluid dipstick showed empty on two tractors at a Home Depot location so not sure if they do this on purpose but I would imagine expecting a proper PDI (pre delivery inspection ) from Home Depot is a stretch.
Looks like some tractor supply
Places carry them.

These tractors are made in India and they also make the solid tractors which are the same tractor I’m told.

I’d love to get My hands on one and they looked pretty impressive in all the reviews videos I’ve seen.
And that forest green color is da bomb.

Interesting. But I think you can get a name brand tractor @ the same money in that size. John Deer, Massey Ferguson, Kubota and New Holland. Then you have all that you're looking for. This is a lot like the Northern Tractors that Northern Tool came out with. There were other dealers as well. Those tractors were diesel fuel. Their engines were stamped parts. Still not a bad machine. I almost bought one. I went to a place were it was demonstrated and put a deposit down on one. During the demonstration, the machine had to be run hard and the machine's framework was moaning and groaning some. Decided to back out. An old man that was in the tractor business all his life told me to go with one of the big 4, as mentioned above. That's what I did. I wound up with a New Holland and never looked back. Going on 23yrs later I'm still using that machine. Now I didn't get the backhoe for the same money as the other one. But I got the best warranty of the time, 3yrs at a price cheaper than the other 3. That machine has had no breakdowns so far with near 600hrs on it. And I push it pretty hard at times. I can't imagine I'd got the same service out of that cheaper brand. Thing is you buy right, a tractor will last a life time. Course I've been around farm tractors all my life, but that's the first one I've owned myself. The others were my Dad's. He still has his @ 81 or 82 Massey with probably 1100-1200hrs on it. The only reason he upgraded from a 65' model was to get the power steering. The hours are determined by engine speed. You can use lower RPMs and not work the machine as hard as long as it has the torque to do the job. This lowers the operating hours shown. A tractor is definitely a good thing to have if you need a machine to help you get the work done. A good machine ain't cheap. Buy once, cry once. Get good name brand attachments and you'll be good to go for a long time.
That machine you showed seems decent, but why risk it when you can buy a tried and true brand with a long time reputation

Yeah I almost got my hands on A New Holland 44 Hp 4wd model but the guy that promised to sell it to me decided to not return my calls.

I’d never buy a John Deere model.
Everyone I know with one regrets buying the junk.
My father in law just spent $4500 on a control module and entire wiring harnesses.
The modern technology and computer controlled devices are what scares me these days especially due to the fact that all or most of the crap is made in China for these companies.
If someone was smart they would start building this stuff in the US bjt we all know the reasons why we don’t….regulations, lack of slave labor, raw materials, enviro weirdos,taxes, etc.

Yea, I don't know much about these new tractors. All the emissions and tech devices seem to make it a money pit like everything else made today. My machine was made in Japan, a 2001 model. But it's been a good machine. I think it's been since 2007 when the Feds started pushing for more emissions that the problems started cropping up. I think if I were buying a tractor today, I'd look for a 2006 or older machine. Same goes with the diesel trucks. At least with the tractors you could probably find a very nice pristine one. As for the trucks, much harder to find. I gas a gas engine would be OK. But for a tractor, diesel is the way to go

Anything 25hp and below don’t have emissions. It’s not required by law. Anything 90HP and below does not require DEF either. That’s how it is with Deere anyways. I’m sure the other brands are the same but can’t speak for them.

As for the home depot tractors…. Everybody and their brother started making small tractors to try and copy Deere and Kubota once demand got so high between 2014 - 2020. It’s just like when black and decker got bought out buy cheap a knockoff company. They bought it to gain the sales and make it cheaper and then ruined the quality. Kioti tractors are cheap Korean made tractors that are literally the same tractor as the new Bobcat tractors. I sell Deeres for a living but I’ll tell anyone that if they’re not going to buy a Deere then get a Kubota instead. Although I much prefer a Deere (non biased opinion bc I’ve owned both).

Also

New holland and Massey haven’t been good since the 90s and early 2000s. I hear some good things about the newer New Holland large AG tractors though.

Granted Deere is more expensive but I can say first hand that they hold their value and last as long as you take care of them. If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a message. I’ll also gladly bring one to someone’s house for a demonstration lol.

Looks like the Summit is made in India.

I bought an LS 25hp compact tractor, similar size and specs as the Summit model above. LS is Korean, parent maker is LS Mtron. They make New Holland's compact tractors.

Kujke (also South Korean) makes Branson. That brand is now owned by Yanmar, not sure if Kujke is still independent. I think Yanmar has other small tractor brands, in addition to their own branded tractors, but the names escape me at the moment.

Kioti is made by Daedong (South Korean).

TYM (Tong Yang Moolaan, also South Korean) makes their own branded tractors, as well as some Mahindras, RK (Rural King), Zetor, and others.

Bottom line: Most of these tractors work well. My LS is four years old, about 220 hours, and it's been damn near perfect. I do the service myself. Dealer is about 40 miles away. Most of the 25hp Korean tractors use the Mitsubishi S3L2 motor, with a couple using Yanmar's similar offering. It's tried and true, with no complicted emmissions equipment that you find once you step up in horsepower.

You pay for the Deere and Kubota name, and the big advantage is the large dealer networks. A better choice if you aren't going to turn your own wrenches. I wouldn't trust Home Depot for service. They aren't set up for it, and they have a corporate "pass the buck" style of operation in these situations; have first hand experience with a Ariens mower I bought from them. They are useless as a dealer.

I don't see anything special about the Summit, including the price. The Rimguard is a nice add on. Shop around a bit for similar machines. The RK25 from Rural King is priced similarly.

I went up to the Farm & Tractor show a year ago shopping for a tractor. Everybody selling attachments was telling me that I should look at a skid steer. Its a more powerful machine and a hydraulic powerhouse compared to a tractor.

I am still waiting for access to the acreage before buying.

I went up to the Farm & Tractor show a year ago shopping for a tractor. Everybody selling attachments was telling me that I should look at a skid steer. Its a more powerful machine and a hydraulic powerhouse compared to a tractor.

Skid steers are great, I love mine. Let me know if you ever wanna demo a new one.

Skid steers are great if you have to have one. I've been around both. We used a tractor for everything for years. Then he got a skid steer in addition. I can tell you a skid steer is a lot heavier than a small tractor. So when towing there is a big difference in weight. They used a lot more fuel and those hydraulics require a lot more repairs. But weight is everything if you're moving a lot of heavy material. The backhoe works a lot better as well. But I'm going to tell you a mechanical farm tractor is far more dependable than something that works off off hydraulics only. It might take longer to get certain jobs done with a tractor vs skid steer, but you're not going to be broke down near as much. I prefer something that just works.

Back
Top Bottom