Sunday afternoon irritation

If you are referring to the mega church on Mt. Carmel there are 100 ways to go around it at that time of day on Sunday. I got caught once. Wont get caught there again.

Your avatar says it all, hope it isn't too hot for you in the nonbelievers section. although your signature shows a possible light at the end of the tuunnel, ""If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." must have been some thought about it (Heaven) when you plagurized Will Rogers statement. And no I'm not a Bible thumper just a believer that has hope for without faith there is no hope.

I am so with you on this. They aren't directing traffic, they are making sure we wait so the church people don't. G** D**mit!! I miss NJ. Nobody ever went to church. Except for my nutty Catholic Parents. :)

It's really not a big thing in the scheme of things, it's just a wee little FU.

I am so with you on this. They aren't directing traffic, they are making sure we wait so the church people don't. G** D**mit!! I miss NJ. Nobody ever went to church. Except for my nutty Catholic Parents. :)

It's really not a big thing in the scheme of things, it's just a wee little FU.

Ignorance is bliss, huh?

We used to go to a small church that was on a busy road. After Sunday morning service, you could easily wait 10 minutes to get out of the parking lot and then you were praying that no one came around the curve and slammed into you. We never had people directing traffic, but it sure would have sped up everything and made it far safer for everyone involved.

Bad assumption. Most of them around here are not getting paid, they are there to maintain traffic flow and provide additional safety to all drivers.

Law enforcement forced to work traffic duty without pay? That deserves it's own thread!

In this case Im pretty confident that these are off duty leo. They dont wear uniforms and I only know them by their cars parked close by. Some days I think church members handle it.

Last edited:
It all depends on the ones doing the traffic.
1st Baptist in woodstock is huge and has a tremendous amount of traffic. The Woodstock/Cherokee police do a good job(usually) of being respectful to everyone .

they have a mega church near piedmont that they do this with

i have noticed alot of the church goers there ****ing suck at driving. the term sunday driver makes sense to me

i take different routes on sundays for the most part. i dont have a problem with them slowing traffic for 30 minutes or so to get folks who just arent the most capable of drivers on the road and out of the way

Yep, ive been aggravated by it several times. There is one church on Barrett parkway in Kennesaw (a VERY busy road) that hires on duty police to stop traffic to let them out every sunday. it backs up traffic quite a bit.

I don't understand the big hurry to get out of the place, well, I do, but it was their choice to go there.

Back
Top Bottom