• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SUP

meghan

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Stand Up Paddleboarding, not the colloquial hello. But also, 'sup?

Anyone here paddleboard? If so, where are the good spots? Any advice on boards?

I'm shopping and am looking at either a 10'6" all-purpose board, or an inflatable wide board specifically for yoga. I'd like the flexibility to fish from it or just go paddling, so the 10'6" has its merits. However, an inflatable board is infinitely more convenient storage-wise and being wider, is quite a bit more stable for the down-dogging. Would love your thoughts!

Welcome to the ODT

Lake Ackworth for the "where to paddle" its a "No Gas" stillwater lake
Allatoona can get a tad rough when the Yacht club gets active... and then there is "That Guy" on the Jet-Ski that wants to run right next to the "NO-WAKE" buoys being an ass-clown...
Allatoona is a nice lake BUT if you go... go on a weekday

there are a ton of smaller lakes, I'm Sure.
There will be more suggestions here soon

If you don't mind a little drive, check out Rocky Mountain Project just outside of Rome off of hwy 27. Really neat lakes with good scenery. They are idle speed only lakes and have great fishing. I see people use these on the Etowah all the time. One guy had a seat for his and had rigged up an igloo water cooler with a pump that kept water flowing in and out to keep his live shad in.

And, it would seem a rigid one would be a better option than an inflatable if you have a means to transport it. Any that has to be blown up would concern me if I was in the middle of a lake and got a hole in it. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom