• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Supply of 9mm handguns in the marketplace

photodog

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
97   0
Reaction score
I just went onto Gun Genie and did search for in stock 9mm handguns, semi-autos, and they had a total of 9 handguns in stock, and out of those the cheapest was $1400, most over $3000. What is going on, everyone buying or is production down from plants being shut down due to COVID or is this typical for GG? BTW total number of 9mm semi autos on GG is 798.

Gun owners are going crazy and buying more guns, plus first time gun buyers are flooding the market.

I’ve seen more first time gun owners than ever before and not just folks that are just hitting the legal age for firearms ownership. I’m being contacted daily by folks that have either just bought, or are looking to buy, their first handgun........and they’re anywhere from from 35-65 years of age.

A combination of COVID, left-wing rioters, and uncertainties concerning the upcoming Presidential election. Recently, firearms sales have been the strongest they have ever been in history.

I’ve also seen folks that have owned firearms for 20+ years looking to receive their first training.

True, I am just wondering if production has stalled over the last few months, same with ammo, you can't get it.

Ammo isn’t in short supply because of stalled production. It’s in short supply for the same reason that firearms are, but worse. Folks that feel they have enough guns are stocking up on ammo. First time gun buyers need ammo, as well.

I just went onto Gun Genie and did search for in stock 9mm handguns, semi-autos, and they had a total of 9 handguns in stock, and out of those the cheapest was $1400, most over $3000. What is going on, everyone buying or is production down from plants being shut down due to COVID or is this typical for GG? BTW total number of 9mm semi autos on GG is 798.

Taurus G2C in stock $289 before tax, shipping, and FFL fee
https://www.gunbuyer.com/catalog/product/view/id/140998/s/taurus-g2c-9mm-3-2-barrel-12-1-1g2c93112/

Try using wikiarms for searching.

Local Gun stores have suffered due to internet sales over the past decade (you can order a handgun for over 50% cheaper from a distributor on the other side of the country compared to you LGS). Panic buying is the main way LGSs make up for their lack of competive pricing. There are unlimited 9mm pistols startingsstarting at $250 available online that you can ship to your FFL.

There are some folks that do not want to buy a gun over the interwebs. Those folks would rather stand in line and have their gun store tell them they are sold out.

Back
Top Bottom