• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Suppressed 45-70

longfastglass

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
258   1
Reaction score
Just out off curiosity, has anyone run a SiCo Octane 45 HD on their 45-70. I know this is kinda specific, but my Marlin and I are tired of waiting for an answer from SiCo. LOL

I wouldn't do it until you have a go ahead from SiCo. Gas volume is significantly more and I imagine muzzle pressure will be higher as well. Probably a no go but I dont have anything concrete

I have drawn blue prints similar to those shotgun shell inserts that accept different calibers. If a .50 cal suppressor could be made to accept different sleeves that thing would sell like hot cakes. If anyone knows anything about running with an idea shoot me a pm.

But a 45-70 with the volume down sounds like a really cool idea.

Pressure and gas volume is probably why they said no most likely. 223 will work in a 22lr can...once. Best not to destroy a NFA item with all the headaches it would take to get it repaired.

I sure wouldn't try it having loaded and fired a lot of both. You might, might get by with a BP pressure load (using a lead bullet @ 1,070 fps) but I still wouldn't risk destroying something I waited a year to hold after paying for it on purchase.

With subsonic loads, you will be fine. There's a guy on here who runs a rig like that. But with full house stuff, I'd say no.

I currently have a Lane 458 for my 1895, just need to get it threaded.

Back
Top Bottom