• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor barrel restrictions

What is the risk (other than warranty) of running a suppressor on a barrel shorter than the manufactures recommendation? Recently I picked up a sig rattler, 5.5 inch barrel. Then I realized my Rugged razor 762 has a manufacturer recommended barrel length of 7 inches for 300bo. I’m new to the suppressor world so any knowledge on this would be appreciated.
How do you like the suppressor? I’m waiting on mine to get approved

Was in the same boat. Bought a rattler and already had a Griffin arms 45 can thats rated for “sporting use of supers to 8.5”” or something. I emailed them to ask and they basically said absolutely don’t, the rattler will melt it

Rex has a $350 direct thread can that they said “**** it, full send, we’ll rebuild it if you **** it up”.

So for me the $550 was worth piece of mind. Especially considering mounts would be $200 anyway.

Still waiting for it to clear

Was in the same boat. Bought a rattler and already had a Griffin arms 45 can thats rated for “sporting use of supers to 8.5”” or something. I emailed them to ask and they basically said absolutely don’t, the rattler will melt it

Rex has a $350 direct thread can that they said “**** it, full send, we’ll rebuild it if you **** it up”.

So for me the $550 was worth piece of mind. Especially considering mounts would be $200 anyway.

Still waiting for it to clear
It’s funny you mention Rex. I’m waiting on the MG7 458 from Rex as well. I got it on a similar sale. So that may be an option for the Rattler.

Back
Top Bottom