• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Suppressor hearing safe?

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
I've decided its right on the boarderline safe and not safe. I've always searched and watched on youtube and think to myself "WOW so quiet! Almost like a BB gun!". So I tried it at Adairsville shooting Range, I was the only person there the WHOLE morning! After running 10 rounds, I can tell my ears are ringing. Its definately ALOT quieter than unsuppressed but TO ME, I think its not good after a long session! Yes this was my first time using it so I didn't know the suppressor got so hot within a couple rounds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K08hsnKVvE

Watch the end when I blew out all the smoke, thats FREAKING AWESOME!

Put that glove on the other hand. :lol: the only real movie quiet you will find is a 22lr. With subs it's very movie quiet. Also your host weapon has a lot do to with also. It's a compact weapon. So it's going to be a bit louder. My scorpion 32 is very quiet. Even my p9s is hearing safe with my "smelly kid" can. Try other suppressor hosts and you will be shocked at how much quieter some are. Also try some fiocchi 158 gr subsonics. They are really quiet and much cleaner than the American eagle. They do cost more money through. To me it's worth it.

Put that glove on the other hand. :lol: the only real movie quiet you will find is a 22lr. With subs it's very movie quiet. Also your host weapon has a lot do to with also. It's a compact weapon. So it's going to be a bit louder. My scorpion 32 is very quiet. Even my p9s is hearing safe with my "smelly kid" can. Try other suppressor hosts and you will be shocked at how much quieter some are. Also try some fiocchi 158 gr subsonics. They are really quiet and much cleaner than the American eagle. They do cost more money through. To me it's worth it.

Lol. Or try Alabama ammo special k, supposed to be very quiet.

Yeah that was my first time using my Tirant so I didn't expect it to be hot after 10 rounds. I have another video where I have gloves on both hand and I ran about 100 rounds and even with the glove, it was REALLY hot. I had to let it cool off.

I bought a box of Fiocchi, I will give it a try this sunday! Sadly I only have a Glock 19 and HK p30, those are the longest barrel I have to suppress. Well I don't have the HK yet, I'm waiting for shipment! I will try Fiocchi and report back. Yeah I think if It was a long shooting session, it could be pretty hard on the ears.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Or try Alabama ammo special k, supposed to be very quiet.

I've heard about them! Where can I get?

Yeah that was my first time using my Tirant so I didn't expect it to be hot after 10 rounds. I have another video where I have gloves on both hand and I ran about 100 rounds and even with the glove, it was REALLY hot. I had to let it cool off.

I bought a box of Fiocchi, I will give it a try this sunday! Sadly I only have a Glock 19 and HK p30, those are the longest barrel I have to suppress. Well I don't have the HK yet, I'm waiting for shipment! I will try Fiocchi and report back. Yeah I think if It was a long shooting session, it could be pretty hard on the ears.

- - - Updated - - -

No idea, I'm fairly certain the bulk 147g ammo I buy will suffice. I can't watch the video now, but were you using subs?

- - - Updated - - -

The p30 should sound much better.

Sounds quiet to me, I fired 8 rounds of 45acp from WWboaters Osprey in a pretty tight outdoor space and I wasn't left ringing, albeit I've been bad about hearing protection in the past and can sit next to 308's without anything in my ears.

So when you wanna try it on a 9mm AR? lol, I'm dying to suppress this gun.

Back
Top Bottom