• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

surviving the long hall.

gunsbillygun

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
31   0
Reaction score
I see alot of people posting things about when SHTF, and that is very important info, what you are going to do the first few days and weeks, But what i would like to know, what about the long hall. you know when weeks turn into months, months turn into years. because when SHTF, its not going to be just for a week or two.

I want to learn about storing and keeping meat, canning vegetables, tanning hides, hand digging a well, security of your Clan, ( if you intend to group up that is ), who knows how to do theses things, i would like to learn,
Most people on here can hunt and skin a deer throw it in a freezer and there good,
have a little garden, that's fine, but when SHTF for real, give up you power, running water, indoor plumbing, all the comforts of home just went out the window,
You say well i have a generator, that's good, but they run on gas, and sooner or later, your going to be out of gas.
water, well i have purification tablets, well unless you have a unlimited supply of them, they run out too, so digging a well to get ground water that is a little safer to drink will come in handy, oh yea you either need a hand pump or bucket and rope.

i guess what im getting at is we have a pretty good idea on what to do for the short hall, but im in it to win it,

so if anybody knows how to tan hides, (for cloths), can the vegies, salt cure meats, build a smoke house , that kind of stuff, i would love to hear from you, because i want to know too.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and pick up a copy of The Encyclopedia of Country Living.
It's a great resource. Meet up with the like-minded whenever you can, have a plan, then have plans after that plan.

They can't have it in the house, but look in their barn, or shop. Phones, power tools, and they all have a guy to tote them around in a big van.

surviving the long hall.

Scary!

media_cdn.tripadvisor.com_media_photo_s_01_18_1e_0f_the_long_hall_way_to.jpg

Back
Top Bottom