• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sweet potato Pie and hush my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, especially using such low power and if you get it up 30 feet, so try to use three 10-foot sections of pipe from Lowes and a couple pipe clamps at the top of the eve (of your roof).

Don't forget to roll the coax 8 times in a 8 to 9 inch loop a couple feet down from where you screw the coax to the antenna. This is supposed to create a "choke" as to not allow the coax itself to be come part of your antenna and shouldn't radiate down low or into your house.. or your close neighbors.

LMK if you need more photos as I'm building another in a couple days.

Thanks, and Heck Yeah on the pics !

My project's price included a 10-foot section of steel pipe ($20 lowes) and unless you can find the A99 locally, you'd best figure another $20+ shipping.

Furthermore, my project has nothing to tune.. put it together, done.

Antron99 (as do all other 1/2 or 5/8 wave antenna's) have required tuning adjustments once assembled and erected in the air to get the SWR's flat.

Another "no adjusting necessary" box-store antenna option would be the M400 or the SkyLab antenna which is the (old Star Duster) design mine's based upon.

I imagine your design would in fact out perform an a99 and I was asking if you had any experience in comparison. I currently have an a99 and it has cracked due to weather so I was considering your design as a replacement. In my opinion the only advantage I see with an a99 is the fact it can be painted and mounted in a tree and still offer good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom