• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tailgate assist

georgia357

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
57   0
Reaction score
I wanted to pass on something that I bought for my truck and it turned out to be the best $25 that I've spent on anything car related. The tailgate on my Ram 1500 could be a bear sometimes if I had anything in my arms and wasn't no way that my wife could even close it by herself, she broke her shoulder about a year ago and is still having trouble with it. This Hoppy tailgate assist makes opening and closing the tailgate a one or two finger job. Works like a charm.

I wanted to pass on something that I bought for my truck and it turned out to be the best $25 that I've spent on anything car related. The tailgate on my Ram 1500 could be a bear sometimes if I had anything in my arms and wasn't no way that my wife could even close it by herself, she broke her shoulder about a year ago and is still having trouble with it. This Hoppy tailgate assist makes opening and closing the tailgate a one or two finger job. Works like a charm.
My newish company truck has the factory tailgate assist. I like the feature, the problem comes when I forget that my old truck doesn't have it, and I let it drop like a rock. ;)

I installed my DeeZee no drilling and lift the latch. It lowers itself slowly with no assist.

I started to buy the DeeZee but I liked the idea of the assist in closing the tailgate. The DeeZee would work good if somebody had their arms full of stuff and had to open the tailgate.

Back
Top Bottom