• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Taking the girls to the range

Constitution Hour

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
❤️ TACOS
96   0
Reaction score
Well it is Sunday and I can finally take my new ladies out to the range for a stroll. I am curious to see how they behave and any differences in feel, function etc. Maybe I will post a review afterwards.

i45.tinypic.com_5wavzn.jpg

Thanks man, I am kinda fond of her myself. Dang thing is accurate for sure but a bit front heavy due to the rail. Just got the SIG and the Springer can't wait to warm em up a bit. :)

OK so it only took an hour and a half to get to the firing line at the range as every where was packed. Big Woods in Holly Springs was too full so we went to Georgia Firing Line. Good people over there,nice atmosphere.

So I decided to give each pistol a score based on several catagories. Feel,looks, ease of tear down and reassembly,recoil or muzzel flip, and accuracy with 1-5 points in each catagory.

First up the new Sig 1911 XO stainless. I really like this pistol it looks great and feels good in the hand, well balanced, cycles smoothly and nice crisp trigger. I did have two failure to feeds with some very old winchester ammo. I will chalk these up to a very tight fitting new pistol and poor ammo condition. Both cases that would not chamber were of the same lot. Accuracy was good with the impact a bit high and left. Overall I was very pleased with the fit and function of this new purchase. Tear down is also very easy (compared to my Taurus 1911).
Feel 5
Looks 4
Tear Down 5
Recoil/flip 4
Accuracy 4
Overall score 22

Next up is a new to me Springfield 1911 FACTORY COMP Blued. Awesome lloking pistol and I couldn't wait to shoot it. I thought it would be a bit front heavy but it really isn't. Nice bright sights fits my hand well feels sweet.
No failures of any kind during this range trip, gun ran perfect. Impact was a bit of hit and miss left, right, high,low. WTF? Not bad out of range but I had expected a bit better on average. (maybe the two cups of coffee at breakfast) Tear down on this one is a bit of a pain but still not as bad as my MKIII. Nice clean trigger,very light feel, I don't have a gauge so I won't try to guess the range. Alot of fun to shoot, but then so is every gun I have shot.
Feel 5
Looks 4
Tear down 3
Recoil/flip 3.5
Accuracy 3.5
Overall score 19

Now for the red headed step son of the group my very first 1911 a Taurus PT1911AR
I have seen and heard alot of trash talking about the Taurus over the years but I have no complaints with mine. Granted the trigger has been reworked on it(super light) but other than that it is bone stock and it shoots lights out. Never had a failure to feed since I have owned it (including the two that my new Sig refused) I feel guilty for leaving her in the safe for so long. The feel is a bit front heavy because of the rail, aside from that she feels good in my hand. trigger is butter smooth and crisp break and may be the reason for the superb accuracy I get from this pistol.
I wish they didn't use the slide as a Billboard.
Feel 5
Looks 3.5
Tear down 3
Recoil/flip 4
Accuracy 5
Overall score 20.5

There you have it folks. I must say I am not dissapointed in any of my firearms and I do favor the new SIG but if it were just on function and accuracy The Taurus wins hands down.

Last edited:
I love my Taurus .45.

You really get a lot of features for the money. Mine shoots great, too.

Nice range report!

Back
Top Bottom