• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talk about rare!!

Looks like the one they quit making due to engine fires. The motor being basically being in the front seat.

I guess you always want what you can't, or is hard to get, have. Back in Australia I had a few vehicles people might have liked to have had over here. Had a '97 Mitsubishi Express van, 5 speed 4x4, gas not diesel but. 1990 Nissan Patrol, long wheel base. Travelled all over Oz in that thing. Had a Ford Courier truck, a small crewcab with a 2.5L turbo diesel in it. Great machine. Anyway, last weekend I picked up a 1992 F150 Stepside 4x4, 5 speed. We never got stepsides, an all the 4x4's seem to be turbo diesels, except for the Landcruisers I'll never afford. Haven't fallen in love with a car like this since I was 17. Maybe not rare to you guys, but to me a unicorn I didn't know existed till I moved here. I think I know how your son feels about his new find.

That Nissan Patrol is bad ass!! FJ 40 is my favorite and miss selling mine. I installed an LT1 350 with a Downy automotive conversion kit..Back in the day

I think for many many years to be a farmer in Oz it was compulsory to have a single cab FJ40 with either a couple of kelpies or cattle dogs sitting on the tray. I'd miss one too had I been given the chance.

Yeah I bought an old raggedy 93 Miata back in 05. It was okay once you fell down into it but getting out of it was a *****. And if the top was up it was just like crawling out of a clown car. That Miata broke me off the little bitty !ow cars. I'm glad my almost done next ragtop is an 85 LeBaron ( Florida Old Dude Car). More room and easier to get in and out of.

i never would have thought miatas would be as popular as they are now.

That Nissan Patrol is bad ass!! FJ 40 is my favorite and miss selling mine. I installed an LT1 350 with a Downy automotive conversion kit..Back in the day
Go to YouTube and check out this Swedish dude's old Volvo 242 coupe. His name is like Bjork Busbill and the Volvo is flat black and beat all to hell. But it has a big ass turbo and he literally drives it like he stole it.
I would love to have one of those old 242 coupe from the 80s with the turbo motor or with the 5.0 conversion. Or the 760 Bertone Coupe. Or a mid 80s Jag XJS Or an Avanti Or a Land Rover Defender with the diesel engine....

Originally the Miata was supposed to be a " Limited Edition" type of specialty car. But then again so was the PT Cruiser.

i bought one of those part time cruisers for 200 bucks.
the guys wife got home and had a fit. so i sold it back
to him for tree fiddy. kinda glad. those things are turds
...but the miata is a good car imo id buy them all day
long for 100 dollah each

Back
Top Bottom