Tapatalk App!

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Alright, I've broken down and activated tapatalk for the forum. I've also activated it for the Florida ODT as well.

We'll try it out for a little while and see how it goes. I just haven't been very happy with the vbulletin apps that we currently have and they are a pain to keep up to date. I will continue to keep them updated as often as I can, but at least this way there is another option.

Just search for The Outdoors Trader within the tapatalk app and you should be able to find it.

I do not personally know a whole lot about tapatalk, but if you have any questions please post them and I'm sure someone can answer them for you.

Thanks!

No, Tapatalk is a mobile app used to browse forums. Makes things a bit easier to use on a phone than say, a web browser.

Basically it is an app for viewing forums, and forum owners have to activate to allow its use on their forums. I believe it is a paid app, but I'm not totally sure. I know n11 and unclear have been after me for a while to activate it so they can probably explain it better and answer any questions.

I use Tap A Talk on several of my career and offroad forums.
I believe most will find it very fluid....but I am 100% sure there will be a MARSHA BRADY thread opened about it.

Remember folks. ODT is not requiring you use it, so how about no complaining.

Thanks Steve

Thanks OS!

I hope this works out well for you and for ODT users who decide to try it.
I have nothing to do with the company or the industry. I used it for some other forums and found it useful. Here's a post I wrote a while back.
I hope I'm not upsetting anyone by asking this...but...is there any possibility that Tapatalk could become the app for OT.

It is clearly the standard application for forums and is available for both Apple and Android. There have been between 100,000 and 500,000 Android downloads and over 11,000 reviews that average 4.5 stars (out of 5). I use it for a lot of other forums including Glock Pro, Glock Talk, Georgia Packing, XDA, etc, and it works great on all of them. I only open the one application to visit all of the forums.

I really believe that it would be beneficial to OT and its users to implement Tapatalk. It's my understanding that there is no cost to the forum operator. I paid $2.95 for the app.

Here is a link to the website. http://www.tapatalk.com