• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Target hanger backing

A plain old mudflap from an 18 wheeler works well for self adhesive targets..... heavy enough to not flap in the wind, no chance of shrapnel/fragments, and will last for a good while.

Coroplast, it’s that white corrugated plastic sheet at the big box stores. Easy to cut and sturdy enough to staple paper targets to.

plywood or OSB board --not brand new stuff that I'd have to pay good money for,
but leftover from other projects or picked up along the road.

To attach paper targets to that
fairly hard wood, I use an Arrow T 50 staple gun.

Sometimes I'll bring a piece of clean cardboard, corrugated cardboard from a large box, and I'll staple that to the plywood and then adhesive stick-on targets will attach themselves to the clean cardboard. I can also use tape to attach paper targets, or even balloons, to this cardboard.
FA5CD65E-F3CE-4658-9E22-32CCB4009872.jpeg

( nothing will stick to the plywood once it's been left outside and it gets moist.)

I was originally thinking about this. Seems to be one of the best options. Shoot the piss out of it, replace it once a year 🤷🏼‍♂️
Oh yeah coroplast is awesome. I have a 2’x4’ sheet, I put 10 8 1/2” x 11“ targets on it and can shoot for a good long while without needing to go down range. Mine has got to be 10 years old and everything from .22 holes to .50 holes in it and it’s still going strong. (Damn thing might outlive me!).

Back
Top Bottom